lets get ready to rumble!!

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby sharkthrower » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:05 am

who should be president? I'm not a fan of any of the candidates, but I disagree with McCain the least.

gays should be alowed to marry? Why not?

smoking weed on the course is A OK? No

midrange discs over rated? Only to those who don't know how to use them.

organized religion is B.S.? I'm not a staunch follower of any religion, but who am I to denegrate those that choose to believe in a God?

should we still be in Iraq?I say no, but I am unable to offer any viable exit strategies.

was 911 an inside job? Conspiracy theory at its finest.

is abortion OK? Not as a birth control, but acceptable in cases of rape or incest.

are cops in general a bunch of dickmouths? Generally, no, but - as with DG'ers - there are some bad ones.

Discraft or Innova? I like Discraft's drivers, and Innovas mids and putters.

Light Beer vs. Normal? Light beer is the tool of the Devil.

50ft approach with water 5ft behind basket, go for it or layup? Go for it.

sharkthrower
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:08 pm

rehder wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote: thumbed his nose at the UN, and raped women for sport



The US does the exact same thing. They thumb their nose at UN, if decisions are made that dont happen to conincide the US agenda. And if you havent realized it, people where cheering in Iraq, because they thought they where being liberated. Now years after, they find out that bullets fired by the coalition or the mercenaries hired by them are just as lethal, if not more so than Saddams. As far as raping women for sport, the US occupation has proved that they apparently like to violate people just as much. I can just say Abu-Ghraib to start it off. Since then countless attacks on people have been reported.


I am so sad for you that you hold the rest of the population of the US, including the US military in such low regard. Alas, they will still be there to fight for your right to say utterly stupid and offensive things about them.

You should simply be ashamed of yourself. I am ashamed of you, simply due the fact that you were fortunate enough to be born here. You make the rest of us look bad.

My relatives did not die in WW2 so that scumbags could compare the soldiers of the US military to Saddam Hussein.

I hope you move to Mexico.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WW2 has nothing to do with this "discussion"
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 pm

JR wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote:
JR wrote:Bradley, did the comic book you got your history lessons from pictures of 8 breasted German beer girls? If so could you post them? :-)


I must apologize to JR, as I really know almost nothing about the role of Finland during World War II.

I was just responding to an insulting generalized comment by using broad brush stroke generalizations in kind. I feel I made my point.


Hmm. I missed the insult. Who, what, where, when?



Your buddy the fellow Fin...

Anyway, the Cold War was due to eminent nuclear threat. I did not realize Finland was a nuclear power.

Long story short, you can talk all you want, there would not be a Finland today, in its current form, if it were not for the protection of the US military. The same goes for the entire rest of Europe.

BTW, you are welcome for disc golf too...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YOU are also welcome for disc golf (invented in CA) :P
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WW2 has nothing to do with this "discussion"


Bullshit.

It has everything to do with everything. The people who sacrificed their lives so that little weasles could keep their right to throw the US under the bus every chance they get, makes me want to vomit.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:19 pm

:lol:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rehder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:I am so sad for you that you hold the rest of the population of the US, including the US military in such low regard. Alas, they will still be there to fight for your right to say utterly stupid and offensive things about them.

You should simply be ashamed of yourself. I am ashamed of you, simply due the fact that you were fortunate enough to be born here. You make the rest of us look bad.

My relatives did not die in WW2 so that scumbags could compare the soldiers of the US military to Saddam Hussein.

I hope you move to Mexico.


I am not holding the rest of the US in such low regard. Hell the government in my country unfortunately decided to back the invasion of a country for which there was no common ground in the UN.

Born here? Now you confuse me? What do you mean?

What I think about us citizens and their government and the choices it makes are two completely different things.

And you still havent responded to the questions I posed, except trying to be beligerent.

And why would I want to move to Mexico? Again is this an insult?

Im not trying to insult you. But I think that its important to voice the concern, that past actions dont give someone a right to invade other countries and cause massive problems in those countries. Have you even read the article I posted earlier? It's not just some european/liberal that you accuse me of. It cites researchers from several different US schools.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Discn in northern Europe

Postby scoot_er » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:02 pm

rehder wrote:
Have you even read the article I posted earlier? It's not just some european/liberal that you accuse me of. It cites researchers from several different US schools.



And 90% of higher ups in those schools are.......................................liberals.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: Houston, Tejas

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:03 pm

scoot_er wrote:
rehder wrote:
Have you even read the article I posted earlier? It's not just some european/liberal that you accuse me of. It cites researchers from several different US schools.



And 90% of higher ups in those schools are.......................................liberals.
i assume you've done your research here and aren't just talking out your ass :wink:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:04 pm

No, what concerned me was the fact that you compared the conduct of US soldiers in he field and Abu Ghraib to the acts of Saddam Hussein.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/saddamhussein/a/husseincrimes.htm

Short list of the atrocities of Saddam Hussein against his own people.

I think the worst list of acts committed by US personnel mostly include humiliation, and they are isolated. Not to mention the people who did these acts were punished to the full extent. Not only in the courts but in the media.

The truth is that Saddam Hussein was a monster (not dissimilar to Hitler or Stalin which would have gladly rolled over Finland like a lawnmower if allowed to do so). The world is better place without him and his followers.

As far as US soldiers raping Iraqi's, there are bad apples in every pot and this is truly unfortunate and sad. The last guy 110 years for it...
Last edited by Bradley Walker on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby sharkthrower » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
scoot_er wrote:
rehder wrote:
Have you even read the article I posted earlier? It's not just some european/liberal that you accuse me of. It cites researchers from several different US schools.



And 90% of higher ups in those schools are.......................................liberals.
i assume you've done your research here and aren't just talking out your ass :wink:


Hopefully you aren't even trying to imply that higher ed. institutions aren't slanted incredibly to the left. If you'd like, I'll happily provide you with countless examples of such liberal thought that runs rampant through these institutions.

As someone who is a registered independent and just graduated from a place of higher learning, I can say that, yes, it is a very liberal place.
sharkthrower
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Postby mothrows » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:19 pm

scoot_er wrote:
rehder wrote:
Have you even read the article I posted earlier? It's not just some european/liberal that you accuse me of. It cites researchers from several different US schools.



And 90% of higher ups in those schools are.......................................liberals.


In white ivory towers
mothrows
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:16 pm
Location: Throwin
Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby wdb4th » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Can't we all just get along? For a sport that thrives in the Hippy community, we are an angry bunch.
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Fontana, WI
Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:27 pm

I am not a hippy...

I like hippies (especially the chicks).
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest

cron