Juggling

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Juggling

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 8:14 am

Being an amateur juggler myself, I can appreciate good juggling. Here is a video of the best 3 ball repertoire I've ever seen:

Tim Kelly

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6358723101
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 8:58 am

roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 9:07 am

15 yr old Vova among the best club jugglers in the world

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9242583847
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Tue May 16, 2006 11:12 am

Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 1:14 pm

That's kinda cool. Never seen the triangle prop before.

Here's a dude who uses a huge translucent cone for a pretty cool 360 effect

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 26&pl=true
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue May 16, 2006 1:30 pm

that first video is pretty aswome I love the backround music if anyone knows who the artist is I want to know.
Anyone know where the rest of the triangle video is (or a more current one) ive seen a guy play some more complex rythms in a triangle before.
Another one Ive seen was a guy juggling in the vacinity of 7 balls on one of those giant pianos that you walk on. I think it was on that 60 seconds to fame show :?, he was a finalist and lost to a girl that sung I can Survive.

Good videos. Im able to juggle, only 3 balls, Ive done pins/hammers ect (with little sucess). really the only reason I know how to juggle at all is two of my baseball coaches when I was 12 were trying to juggle while we were practicing, and I told them I bet I could learn by the end of the season (about two weeks) and they said theyd buy me a pizza if i did it. by the next practice I was teaching them how to juggle, kinda sad, but hey a kid will do alot for a free pizza.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 1:58 pm

Yeah, I liked the music too.

And speaking of music here's the piano guy (with 5 balls)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... l+juggling
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:Good videos. Im able to juggle, only 3 balls, Ive done pins/hammers ect (with little sucess). really the only reason I know how to juggle at all is two of my baseball coaches when I was 12 were trying to juggle while we were practicing, and I told them I bet I could learn by the end of the season (about two weeks) and they said theyd buy me a pizza if i did it. by the next practice I was teaching them how to juggle, kinda sad, but hey a kid will do alot for a free pizza.

I learned to juggle in a 3 ball cascade in four days when I was about 14. I then learned rings in about 15 minutes. It took about ten days to learn clubs. But that was when I was 14 when I picked things up instantly.

I hadn't done any juggling for 20+ years when I decided I wanted to pick it up (no pun intended) again a couple weeks ago. I'm slowly adding some variations to my 3 ball routine. So far in addition to the cascade I can do a half shower, reverse cascade, several column variations, fake moves in conjunctions with columns and several body bounces and head and neck catches. I'm working on perfecting claw catches and cross- armed juggling.

Rings are super easy and clubs are simpler than they look but I haven't added any tricks to them yet. Give me a few more weeks.......
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 16, 2006 8:11 pm

i can do 4 balls.

used to do some contact juggling but never got good enough to not look like a white guy dancing while doing anything cool.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue May 16, 2006 8:41 pm

lol, good answer blake, it takes some pretty crazy stuff to not make a white guy look silly. :wink:
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby roadkill » Tue May 16, 2006 9:55 pm

I just received an order I placed with Dube today. A book and a couple DVDs.

One of the videos is entitled 3B . It's really cool because it shows so many different 3 ball variations from different angles set to music. It's easy to learn from it because it starts every trick with just one ball and adds the second ball and then the third. There's also a window that shows the moves in slow motion.

It shows all the traditional tricks like Mills Mess, the box, the clock,factory, chops, shower variations and behind the back stuff. But what's really cool is how they take elements of contact juggling, head rolls and bounce juggling and incorporate them into the routine. No dialogue, just cool music, quality video and some insane tricks.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TheUberDork » Wed May 17, 2006 2:03 pm

TheUberDork
Noob

Postby roadkill » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:37 pm

I've been watching a few videos of Thomes Dietz. All his stuff (produced by Mark Probst aka schani) is incredible.

Here's a vid from a few years ago that shows some of Thomas' juggling prowess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFy8ATr4xyc
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby swel304 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:22 pm

That first vid is awesome. If you were doing the basic 3 ball routines in a week how long do you think he has been at it to do that kind of stuff? I would have guessed along time but maybe its not as difficult as it seems if you have the right instruction?
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby roadkill » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Going from no juggling experience to a basic three ball cascade is rather easy. But learning different patterns and alternate catching, throwing and balancing moves takes a lot more practice and patience.

Like many things the younger a person is when they start the quicker they're likely to pick things up and the greater the potential to be among the best later.

I would imagine Tim Kelly started young (likely before age 13) and has been practicing for many years. I've watched many videos of Vova and Olga Galchenko whom both started around 5 or 6 yrs old and they were both doing pretty amazing stuff by age 9. Today at age 15 and 18 they hold multiple world records for club passing.

Check out the Thomas Dietz video I just posted. He has all the skill of Jason Garfield but without the cocky arrogance.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.