Juggling

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby swel304 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:14 pm

Pretty amazing, but from a purely entertainment point of view I think I still like the first guy. I really like the optical illusion type tricks like the strechy triangle pattern thing. Im going to have to check out the rest of these vids when I got some time. Youll have to make a video of yourself next and show off your skillz.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby roadkill » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:31 pm

Tim Kelly (first guy) is more of a performer than most jugglers. The guys (like Thomas Dietz,Jason Garfield and Vova Galchenko) juggling 7 clubs, 9 rings and 9 balls perform harder stuff than Tim but he is very creative and does tricks that are easily distinguished from other tricks. There are jugglers that jugglers enjoy watching and then there are jugglers the non-juggling public enjoy. TK has a routine that's a lot of fun and combines tricks to make them look good. I think his best talent is his side juggling variations. At one point he does side juggling with a shower pattern and penquin catches. That's taking a hard trick and then adding more elements of difficulty all while making it look unique. His club video is pretty cool too.

Someday I'll make a juggling video but my skills pale in comparison to these fulltime performers.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby roadkill » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Just found this on Tim Kelly
http://www.comedyindustries.com/bios/timk.html

It turns out he was a world class footbag competitor and then switched to juggling since he couldn't make a livivg kicking the bag. It says he prectices 9-10 hours a day. Wow! no wonder he's good.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby swel304 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:14 pm

now footbag, there is something I used to be really good at. When I was in high school my friends and I would literally spend all day playing sack. Recently some friends and I were together and one had found an old bag, we tried to play a few rounds, and I have to say I did better than I though I would after almost 10 years off, but.... well... lets just say you know your getting old when a buddy falls over and almost breaks a hip :lol:
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby roadkill » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:06 pm

16 year old phenom Wes Peden and his bud John Showers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejyltDbw ... ed&search=
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:38 pm

Kinda funny that there are so many disc golfers who know how to juggle. I guess both pursuits are related in that they involve manual dexterity and watching objects do cool stuff while in the air.

Produce is my favorite thing to juggle with.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:06 pm

roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Check out the vids for Mattias Jonsson

http://www.etherealland.com/brerlicky/index.php?paged=3

That's one multi talented dude.

Skateboarding, juggling, ball spinning and diablo. In disc golf terms he's 1000 rated in four different disciplines.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:13 pm

Eric O wrote:
Produce is my favorite thing to juggle with.

Women would be mine.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Terrence » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 am

The move I found most impressive was when Tim Kelly was keeping all three balls "levitating". His hands were moving as if jamming on a piano. I don't know how technical that move is but it impressed this non-juggler.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby roadkill » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Terrence wrote:The move I found most impressive was when Tim Kelly was keeping all three balls "levitating". His hands were moving as if jamming on a piano. I don't know how technical that move is but it impressed this non-juggler.

It's a simple pattern but it requires very good hand speed. I practiced it for awhile and had it going once but I couldn't sustain it for more than 4-5 catches.

I wish there were more jugglers like TK. Most jugglers get to a certain mastery of tricks and then move on to more props (5,7,9) but Tim sticks primarily to juggling 3 but the tricks he performs look smoother and better. Whether it's a shuffle, machine,windmill, a mess or a barrage he's perfected them like no one else I've seen.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.