Motorcycles

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:01 pm

yeah, It will be a long time before Im looking at one of those, I wont have the money to afford the insurance a bike like that could cost ;-)

but for now for me, Ive been starting to like old beemers, they are super reliable and last forever, and they respond well to the cafe look.

Also looking at mid 80s Nighthawks 700s they are more powerful than the CB750s, and geared w/ a 6 speed so it dosnt need big torque to be easy to ride and is still tall enough to be more than efficient on highways.

and spitfire, those 250 ninjas are almsot comparable in speed to alot of 500cc bikes, good choice, and looks nice (although I already expressed my feelings on platic and sportbikes). got a question for you though, is it screaming at 70mph?
Last edited by Thatdirtykid on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby spitfire » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:29 am

the bike has no problems going 70 for hours at a time. yeah it does scream a little at that speed because you are at around 9-12k on the tach but. no it doesn't feel like a dirt bike and yes it is very practical on the highway, i mean if you are looking to clock out at like 125mph then not the bike for you but if you are looking for a great daily commuter that loves the twisties and can still handle the highway then its the perfect bike. here are pics of it without the fender and also my turn signal integration in the back
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:55 am

so I sold my car in a partial trade (picking up the cash and the bike today)

the bike is not really what I was looking for, but this was probably the best deal that would be coming my way. The bike is a Honda VT500c Shadow. I am going to get the little bit of work it needs done done, and give it a couple hundred miles and probably put it on the market for sale or trade for a mid 80s standard so I can start building my cafe bike. (and the cash I got along w/ the bike is abundant enough I could do most anything with this bike)

This is what it looks like (not my bike though)

I dont like the seats, I no longer am a fan of tall handlebars and tall seatrests, I am going to change the bars while i get the other needed work done (my bike currently has buckhorns which are uncomfortable, espeically being over 6' tall on a little bike) I will probably keep the seat and get a different bike for my project. I have liked some cafe bikes done on sportser frames (this bike is similar to a sportser in line, but is a shorter frame) So I am still considering a cruiser based cafe bike...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Glock23 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:21 pm

The bike I was looking into was sold before I could raise the cash. I have been checking craigslist to see if I can find something. I think I will wait until winter when I can get a really good deal and then work on it in the garage and have it ready for spring. There is a guy close to me selling a 1982 honda db5, it is the funniest bike. I almost want to buy it just for kicks. Search it on google, you will laugh!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:30 pm

the only bike I could find thats called a DB5 is made by Bimota, and its a bit newer than 1982
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Glock23 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:24 am

That is what I get for typing in the dark. lol. I meant MB5. Here is a link to a page: http://www.bikepics.com/honda/mb5/
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:08 pm

thats a crazy looking moped, would work for someone to lazy to get their licence (In CO 50cc and under is considered a moped, and dont need a motorcycle licence)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:13 am

so I got my first glimpse of what my winter on a motorcycle is going to be like. Current (2 am) tempurature in greeley CO is 34 degrees. I just got back from a 160 mile round trip. Wasnt too bad, if I get a windshield it would be better, longjons and a scarf wouldnt have hurt either...
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:28 pm

anyone else glad that the warm weather is coming, not only for disc golf purposes but motorcycles? I ended up riding mine all winter, even with the worst blizzards CO has seen in a long time. Fixing some problems, and will be out and around all the time again. Sounds so nice!

Especially compared to: Image
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby domromer » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:38 pm

My motorcycle was stolen last week..agghhh!
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Glock23 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:44 am

I think I found the perfect bike: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/308653324.html
:lol:
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby calvarycoffee » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Glock23 wrote:I think I found the perfect bike: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/308653324.html
:lol:

your link is bad. :(
-----

got my bike tuned up and back from the shop yesterday:
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:19 pm

calvary, that is my kind of motorcycle.

you didnt want to see his link. I am amazed if it sold already

(it was a stunt bike w/ the plastics covered in fur)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Barbikes » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:03 pm

Hey CalvaryC,
That's a damn fine example of a 82 Seca 650! That is truly a UJM. Sporty (for it's day) but also comfortable for longer distance rides. How do you like it?
Barbikes
Tree Magnet

Postby Barbikes » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:59 pm

Domromer,

WTF!!!!!! That really sucks! I remember you were planning a Baja ride. Has your Katoom been recovered? Any news? The bastards!!!!!!!!!
Barbikes
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.