distance article vs. grip article

A spot where people can post questions on the Instructional Articles from the site.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

distance article vs. grip article

Postby rehder » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:12 am

In my ongoing quest for a better throw (the usual more d added with greater consistency). I have reread the articles on the main page. I have a question relating to grips. I employ a powergrip, but have tried altering the placement of the four fingers on the rim and placement of the disc in the hand. from 2:30 to about 4-4:30 when held straight out in front of your body.

Now my question is this. The powergrip displayed in the grip it to rip it article is different to the one discribed in the "distance secrets" http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources ... rets.shtml.
If you do use the power grip, there is a best way to do it, though. For the fingers to be lined up correctly, the first knuckle of the index finger should be closer in line to the second knuckle of the middle finger than to the first knuckle, and so on down to the pinkie.
When I try to do this, I have a very hard time keeping my pinkie on the rim, so I have wondered if I should go for a three finger grip.

Are these differences too small to matter at all? Its just because I havent found a grip I feel really comfortable with. I have smallish hands, probably around the same size Blake and others have. What do you use? Powergrip ver. 1 or 2? or another variation of the same?
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby rehder » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:33 am

anybody have any comments to my questions?
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MR. WICK » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:45 am

I would use whichever is more comfortable to you. Both of those seem to work for a power grip so try em out and get used to one of them.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Amateur » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:20 pm

I have small hands. When I use big lipped drivers I use the 3 finger power grip. Instead of curling up my pinkie I let the wing of the disc rest on said pinkie. I seem to get more control over nose angles and the most power I can get with this grip. I used to use the fork grip, but I get much more solid and consistent rips with the 3 finger power grip.

I fork anything 1.8mm or smaller.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Return to Questions About Articles on Disc Golf Review