Tourney bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Tourney bag

Postby rehder » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:22 am

1) Stable Control Driver
Champ Leo 170+
MOLF 170 (also in 2)

2) Distance Driver
MOLF 170 (same as in 1)
SOLF 172
SOLF 1.2 170

3) Understable Driver
OLS & DX Valk
only going to keep one, havent decided on which yet. But thinking that the Valk is probably a better choice, especially since my throwing technique is off

4) Moderately Overstable Driver
heavy 1.2 SOLF
heavy X Pred (Im thinking about dropping the X Pred, since it seems to be very similar to the heavy 1.2 SOLF, especially when its beat in)

5) Very Overstable Driver
Heavy Z Pred
Heavy FLX Pred

6) Midrange
DX & KC rocs 170+
1 DX shark that Im using while Im waiting for another one of rocs to reach understable stage.

7) Putter
165 M blacks for putting duty
for drives Ive got a small assortment of 170+ S&M wizards and an SSS that Im beating in to understable duty

I also carry an X putt'r in the bag for airbounces that run the basket from about 125 and in. Also debating whether this should go out or not
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Midnightbiker » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:17 am

Do the two SOLF's really fly that different? If not, I would say ditch one of them.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby rehder » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Yes, I would definitly say that a new 1.2 Solf is pretty darn stable, hence my thought of pulling the X pred out, because they seem to overlap quite a bit. My regular solf is not nearly that stable
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Grayson » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 pm

I like you're bag set up, seems like you've got a pretty decent minimalistic bag. I'm not really a hardcore minimalist kinda guy, but I don't like overlap, and I don't really see any here. So good job 8)

I was wondering how your MOLF is doing for you in your stable control driver slot though. It looks like you use it in that slot when you want a little more stablity than your Champ Leopard affords you. Why not add an Eagle or Teebird there? A slower disc might bring you some accuarcy for those fairway drives or shorter holes that are a little long to reach with your Rocs.

I say if you really like your Putt'r in your bag, keep it there. It's always nice to have a comfort disc/trick shot disc in your bag. As long as there's room, I doubt it's hurting your game too much. Unless you rely on it too much or you're not hitting airbounces with a great amount of accuracy. You should be able to park a 125ft approach just about everytime using any putter or mid, so it might not be so useful.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby rehder » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 pm

Well I probably should have thrown gazelle's, instead of the champ leopard. I never got around to trying them though. I have played with the discraft equivalent, the cyclone. I dont much care for the soft pro-D plastic that is current atm.

Then I saw some clip on the net, where Barry talks about the ch. leo being a longer roc, and since I thought that I love my rocs, I must love the champ leos. So thats why I throw them.

Im thinking about trying out an eagle-x in dx. Teebird for me doesnt make much sense, since I could throw my OLF's on pretty similar lines. I dont have big arm, so their flightpaths are not hugely different
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 am

rehder wrote:Well I probably should have thrown gazelle's, instead of the champ leopard. I never got around to trying them though. I have played with the discraft equivalent, the cyclone. I dont much care for the soft pro-D plastic that is current atm.

Then I saw some clip on the net, where Barry talks about the ch. leo being a longer roc, and since I thought that I love my rocs, I must love the champ leos. So thats why I throw them.

Im thinking about trying out an eagle-x in dx. Teebird for me doesnt make much sense, since I could throw my OLF's on pretty similar lines. I dont have big arm, so their flightpaths are not hugely different

Off the top of my head I don't remember any more forgiving drivers I've tried than Leopards for nose angle insensitivity. MOLF I haven't tried but SOLF 1.1 is pretty much like less HSS new Champ TB. Both fade predictably if not turned over too far in which case they won't flex back. A DX TB is different enough. When new it's more overstable and can handle heavy headwinds well. If it flips it's you :-) It also fades more than SOLF 1.1. When broken in it'll fade a lot less so for long tunnels or piercing a gap at long distance it's better than Champ TB or SOLF. Considering Denmark is windy TB is certainly better for tackling winds. The only area where SOLF fares better in winds is penetration in headwinds. But you need to read the wind right or it'll turn over and be gone. TBs aren't long in headwinds.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion