Mah Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Timko » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:42 pm

BLURR wrote:I was at PIAS the other day...and I think I remember seeing some DX EX's sitting in the used pile. If you would like, I could swing back by there and take a look again.

Yes! I had a 10x that was very nice and beat up (would flip up flat without fade). Hit me up with a pm if you find some.

God, I miss PIAS...
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Timko » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Jsw wrote:Nice Bag! 8)

Looks a lot like mine(two wizards, three rocs, two TBs)

I use a gazelle instead of an eagle X though, but I would like to try one out. How would you compare the two - i feel like the eagle is longer and fades a good bit more...

I still need an overstable driver though, people seem to like preds and firebirds....

I am trying to learn how to throw power anhyzers with preds ("Cale" anhyzers), so the pred will stick around.

As for the EX, I think it has a touch more fade, but it's got more turn. I'd compare more to a longer, faster cyclone than a gazelle. Great disc though. I have had this 170 star in my bag for a while, and last night I threw it for every driver shot I had. I was crushing it past most people's wraiths and destroyers and what not.
Timko

Postby BLURR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Furthur wrote:I am trying to learn how to throw power anhyzers with preds ("Cale" anhyzers), so the pred will stick around.

You suppose an Illusion would be a good disc for this type of shot?
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 am

BLURR wrote:
Furthur wrote:I am trying to learn how to throw power anhyzers with preds ("Cale" anhyzers), so the pred will stick around.

You suppose an Illusion would be a good disc for this type of shot?

There are different kinds of Illusions and my S is the only one I have and I don't know which kind it is. It doesn't want to flex out on high max D line annies. It needs to slow down too much to flex out. Meaning it'll be too slow if thrown high enough to flex out. Then it odes flex out and crash fading. Way too short. I throw much farther on straight lines with my Illusion.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 am

It's funny...I have been playing for probably 5 years now and have never really thought of throwing a disc like Cale does. I have always thrown the hyzer flip. As for Illusions...I have some wicked beefy one's in the bag, so I might have to give that a try next time I hit the practice field.

Chris...sorry for the thread drift/highjack.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Timko » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am

That's fine. I'm a big fan of the distance anhyzer actually. I can use them on tight S line with new Star Teebirds, or at least could when the Teebird was my main driver.
Timko

Postby BLURR » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 am

Sorry Chris...all they had left were some gazelles when I checked again. They did however had a very nice 180g big bird roc that is probably a 5 or 6 on the used scale. Very throwable. It is now sitting in my car :D Too bad I don't throw roc's. But I figured I would buy it anyway.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Timko » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:07 pm

I took out the teebird, and put in a Sabre. Scoot_er said something interesting a few days back when he mentioned that you throw a sabre like a putter, so I'm going to be giving that a try. The E one I have is more stable than I remember, so I may rotate some in and out until I find the one that fits what I'm looking for (I have 10 or so back when I used to throw them a lot).

So...

3 Wizards
2 Rocs
1 E Sabre
1 Star Eagle
1 Pred

I'm pretty sure that the wraith is going to be in my bag for distance, but I'm really trying to shy away from the distance drivers until I feel comfortable inside 350' with my Eagle.
Timko

Postby Timko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 am

Working on straight shots right now; I've figured out how to get my Teebird out pretty far now. I also found the Leopard to be a great control driver; I can turn it over and get it to ride a nice low right turn line around 330' without overpowering it, or I can put some hyzer on it with power and flip it up and over with a little fade at the end.

4 Wizards
-
2 M for putting and driving
1 S broken in for upshots and long putts
1 thrashed SS that flies like a beadless Aviar

3 Rocs
-
Thrashed dx for touch shots and extreme right turns
Broken in 11x for slight turning shots and hyzer flips
Broken in 10x for straight and hyzer shots

1 Proline Leopard
1 Star Teebird
1 Z Pred
Timko

Postby Eric O » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 am

What happened to the Eagles? Sounded like they were working out well for you.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 am

Eric O wrote:What happened to the Eagles? Sounded like they were working out well for you.

They're just at home. They are working GREAT for me, but they don't hold the same nice tight S line (pretty much straight) the same way a Teebird does. Once I get on a course with bigger (450'+ holes like WyCo or Blue Valley), I'll probably put them back in, since I can throw distance lines with them much better. Rosedale is being pushed shorter (-9 won in league on Wednesday), so I'm learning to throw my Teebird on a low line hard 350' or on a higher line 400', and pretty much throwing Rocs on everything else inside that distance.

In all honesty, after spending 3 weeks with the Teebird, I'd like to find something a little faster than an Eagle that I can work on the same type lines (like an OLF probably). I can throw low speed/high snap hyzers with a Teebird with great accuracy in the 300' range, so I don't really need a fairway driver that has a lot of low speed stability.
Timko

Postby Eric O » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:30 am

For some reason I wish I could put my finger on, I've never been able to throw Teebirds for shit. On the other hand, EX's fly exactly as I want them to. Weird.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:49 am

What's in the bag right now (more of the same):
3 Wizards
3 Rocs
1 Leopard
1 Teebird
1 Valk
1 SOLF

It hasn't been that windy around here, and I'm trying to learn to work the SOLF on the lines that I throw a pred on with more spin and less speed. The exercise is working out quite well.

What I'm going to be throwing after the Olathe Open this weekend:

3 Wizards
3 Rocs
1 Whippet (probably)
2 Gazelles
1 CD
Timko

Postby Timko » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh, and a Whittler.
Timko

Postby Timko » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Chris, what's in your bag?

This.

S Wizard
Glow Wiard
E Magic

11x Roc
10x Rox
dx Roc

E Sabre
Star Teebird
E Blaze

Champ Monach
S CD
Star Destroyer
Timko

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion