Latitudes Bag (without Latitude 64 discs!?)

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Latitudes Bag (without Latitude 64 discs!?)

Postby latitude » Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 am

Hey everyone, thought it might be nice to get some opinions on my bag.

1. Stable Control Drivers
Star TL
Star Leopard

2. Distance Drivers
Star TL
Star Leopard

3. Understable Driver
Beat Star Leopard

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
Champion TeeBird

5. Very Overstable Driver
Champion Banshee

Mids:
2-4 DX Rocs in different stages of wear (won't ever change this)

Putters:
2 S Wizards for driving
1 DX Aviar for putting

That's my bag for now.
Problem 1. Sometimes I think my understable driver (Beat Star Leopard) isn't understable enought, when thrown with a big of height it usually comes back in the end, maybe I should try something else, like a 150g Star Leopard and beat it in?

Problem 2. My S Wizards seems to loose their stability VERY FAST. Starts out pretty overstable but now after about one month of use it is starting to get understable. My older Wiz (about 1-2 month of use is already really understable) Wtf!?!

Problem 3. Dunno what to use as my Primary Driver. Really liking my Star Leopards on calm days, but I feel I can't trust 'em when the wind is blowing. The Star TL is completely new to my bag, testing it out. Seems really nice, more stable them the Leopards. Maybe I should get myselt some of these and break 'em in to different stages? Lots of questions :D :wink:
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Latitudes Bag (without Latitude 64 discs!?)

Postby garublador » Fri May 16, 2008 11:09 am

latitude wrote:Problem 1. Sometimes I think my understable driver (Beat Star Leopard) isn't understable enought, when thrown with a big of height it usually comes back in the end, maybe I should try something else, like a 150g Star Leopard and beat it in?
I find the discs that are the best at the shot you described are beat versions of stable discs in low end plastic. Actually, that specific shot (higher turnover that doesn't fade) is the reason those types of discs are suggested for the understable driver slot. Once the Leopards get beat in to where they don't fade they'll probably be more squirrley than you'll want.

Problem 2. My S Wizards seems to loose their stability VERY FAST. Starts out pretty overstable but now after about one month of use it is starting to get understable. My older Wiz (about 1-2 month of use is already really understable) Wtf!?!
No idea. I've never had that problem. I have a soft Wizard that's visibly warped and it's still pretty stable.

Problem 3. Dunno what to use as my Primary Driver. Really liking my Star Leopards on calm days, but I feel I can't trust 'em when the wind is blowing. The Star TL is completely new to my bag, testing it out. Seems really nice, more stable them the Leopards. Maybe I should get myselt some of these and break 'em in to different stages? Lots of questions :D :wink:
I'd keep testing, but my guess would be that you'll end up with the TL. IIRC, Pro TLs have been discontinued, but if you can find some they turn into turnover discs rather quickly and could fill that slot until you get the Stars beat in. Alternatively, you could throw JLSs or XLs in high and mid grade plastics or Cyclones, Gazelles or Eagle-Xs in low grade plastic.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby schla104 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:30 am

For your first problem, throwing discs real high tends to slow them down a lot and thus they fade. Keep working those TL's. I would drop the Leopards from your bag. They work fine at first but exactly as garublador said, once they beat in, they get very squirrelly and unpredictable. I used to throw Leopards a lot (70% of my shots) but I switched to the XL. I would have switched to a TL but I like the FLX plastic and the fact that it doesn't skip (control).

Second problem is something I've never had happen. My Wizards have been in my bag for 2 years now and I've thrown them into many trees. Still stable as ever. Might be something in your form or grip? Just a thought?

Third problem pretty much same answer as first. Rock those TL's. If you feel like something else, the Gazelle and the XL are great choices.
~Pred~Wraith~SOLF~XL~Roc~Warlock~Wizard
First Ace
4/4/06
schla104
Tree Magnet

Postby latitude » Sun May 18, 2008 12:07 pm

had a tournament today (went very well) and noticed one other problem, well, have noticed it earlier but it became more obvious. My Champ TeeBird has been used about 2 months, and it's getting flippy!?!! :cry:
Used the TL today very much, and yes, I think I will drop some Leopards and buy me some more of those.
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby schla104 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Hmm that's odd.

What is the weight? If it is light, maybe a heavier one?
Have someone else throw it and make sure they feel it is flippy too. This is a good way to make sure you haven't changed something in your form that is causing you to flip it. I did this with a Champ Eagle that I thought was crazy overstable. I had my friend toss it too to make sure it wasn't me. He couldn't believe it was an Eagle. It is crazy overstable.

If it's not you, I would just buy a new one and see if it happens again. Hopefully it won't and yours was just a fluke.
~Pred~Wraith~SOLF~XL~Roc~Warlock~Wizard
First Ace
4/4/06
schla104
Tree Magnet

Postby latitude » Sun May 18, 2008 1:38 pm

well, I have two. One (the one flippy I was talking about was very stable when new and fairly new). And the other one is kinda new, and as stable as the first one were before :?

(both are 175)
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Sun May 18, 2008 11:15 pm

I think you can take the flashing off of a TL with good conscience. That may drop the Leopard completely from your bag. Without flashing with some wrist action it'll be very straight until the end even on moderately high throws. The more so if you have less nose down troubles than I do. Real straight disc for more than about 250' of distance.

Teebirds may fly differently if the other one is with flashing and the other one is without. The new non see through Champ is softer than old clear Champ. It'll break in faster than the Champ plastic of earlier years.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby latitude » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:00 am

well, now it's a bit different. I think I'm very happy with my bag right now.

1. Stable Control Drivers
4 Star TeeBirds in different stages

2. Distance Drivers
My TeeBirds works fine

3. Understable Driver
Beat Star Leopard

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
My newest Star TeeBird

5. Very Overstable Driver
Star Firebird

Mids:
2-4 DX Rocs in different stages of wear (won't ever change this)

Putters:
2 DX Aviar for putting and approaching
1 DX Rhyno for trick shots

Also having a Star Xcalibur messing around with, dunno if it will stay in my bag,

I'm thorowing about 300' on a golf line.

Ain't this the perfect bag? :D
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion