Seth Drives

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby geoloseth » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Just a quick update. I started using a pendulum type reachback that brad mentioned to me and just got back from the field. After a little warm up I put 3 discs out past 400' 2 wraiths and an eagle x. I'm finally feeling like my whole body is exploding. My shoulder drops on my reach back and I pull straight through my right shoulder. The one thing that happens though with this is I release most of my drives with more hyzdr than I would like. But when I don't, the results are spectacular. I never thought I could throw a fairway driver that far, that nose down, and that high (30'+)

Thanks brad.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:44 am

geoloseth wrote:Just a quick update. I started using a pendulum type reachback that brad mentioned to me and just got back from the field. After a little warm up I put 3 discs out past 400' 2 wraiths and an eagle x. I'm finally feeling like my whole body is exploding. My shoulder drops on my reach back and I pull straight through my right shoulder. The one thing that happens though with this is I release most of my drives with more hyzdr than I would like. But when I don't, the results are spectacular. I never thought I could throw a fairway driver that far, that nose down, and that high (30'+)

Thanks brad.

I did a three and a half our field session today. I've used right shoulder drop for the reach back before. When I tense up my shoulder I tend to raise it. Then I don't drop the shoulder. When I tried to keep the shoulder loose and drop it I had a tendency of setting the disc too far down when I turned my back to the target. I got some stepping ability with less than usual leg turn back :-D Little power and speed from the legs though.

Trying to drop the shoulders and turning the hips a lot lead to plant step landing too far left for annies to me. That's because often my hips are stiff unconsciously trying to stop further back damage. I loose power that way. Haven't used my hips with conscious forcing for such a long time that I often fail even when trying to use my hips to power the throw. To a lesser extent also too little left leg push. The weather was cold and windy so I had a lot of clothes on too and the low temps may have been a cause to my stiffness to some extent. Spring's back :-(

When trying to utilize hips compensating for lost power due to exhaustion at the end of the session I completely managed to disassociate the motions of different body parts. For probably a very funny show. I wasn't laughing. Timing was way off. Man my drives felt awkward. It was like several parts of my body managed to reach their flexibility limit at various parts of the throw. Although they weren't. It was like falling down a tree hitting several branches successively.

Luckily I did have better success at the beginning and middle of the session.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Video Critique