Colemans Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Colemans Bag

Postby Coleman25 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 am

My Max D is about 300-350 I throw RHBH

Anhyser Discs:
163g Pro Valk
165g DX Valk (Beat)

Main Drivers:
172g ESP Crush
166g Pro-D Crush

Hyzer Drivers:
171g Pro Destroyer
168g Pro Destroyer

New Driver:
168g Pro Wraith

Really Tight Hyzer Driver
177g DX Ram

Mid-Ranges:
175g Pro Putt and Approach Aviar
173 DX XD (Beat)

Putter:
175g SS Magnet

Im thinking that the Crushes and Destroyers overlap so I may ditch the Crushes.

I have alot of other discs that I have not put into rotation but have gotten through trades:

Sidewinder
FireBird
TeeRex
Kite
Cro
Beast

Please let me know your input. I did one of these awhile ago and I had 11 discs and 11 different molds. I am trying for more of a minimalist approach and it is working OK so far.

And Now a dancing Monkey!

Coleman25
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Striker!

Postby Coleman25 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Guess I must be doing something right if I have 50+ views and no response!
Coleman25
Tree Magnet

Postby adidadg » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:57 pm

I'll bite...Your driver setup is pretty solid, the only thing I dont see is a very overstable driver, Firebird, predator, etc. although the crush can handle some wind.

As for your mids, the XD and aviar are nice discs, but you might want to try a larger diameter mid like a z-buzzz or a DX roc. These are a fair bit longer than an XD for most, and are the bread and butter of many player's games.

Crushes are pretty fast (prolly a 10 on innova's scale, similar to an orc) so youre right you might find some overlap with the Destroyer. If you end up ditching one of them maybe try something slower like Teebirds/Eagles/gazelles/etc in its place.
adidadg

Postby Coleman25 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Do you think that the Force would fill that overstable slot? It is rated a 2 by discraft
Coleman25
Tree Magnet

Postby adidadg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:37 am

Coleman25 wrote:Do you think that the Force would fill that overstable slot? It is rated a 2 by discraft

Ive never thrown one but i doubt it, it sounds a lot like a destroyer. I have a Champion firebird that I have never flipped over in any wind thus far, this is more what I mean. From what I hear a Predator is a great choice also.
adidadg

Postby curt » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:25 am

From what i've heard from guys who throw the force, I would imagine that if you're throwing 350 max and use a pro destroyer as a hyser then the force would probably work out for that slot.

Also, I don't see any control drivers in your setup (teebird, xl, etc)
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Coleman25 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:31 pm

i guess ive never used one before....what is a control driver used for? I have all my hyzer and anhyzer shots covered
Coleman25
Tree Magnet

Postby adidadg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Coleman25 wrote:i guess ive never used one before....what is a control driver used for? I have all my hyzer and anhyzer shots covered

in a nutshell theyre for shots inbetween your midranges and your Distance drivers. They offer more distance than a midrange but are not as nose sensitive as a high speed driver so are easier to hit your lines with.

To be honest I only really use mine on Wooded/technical holes that are too long for my Buzzz but you need the extra controlability. I also find them useful on shots I would normally throw Buzzz on but am facing a headwind.
adidadg

Postby curt » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 pm

hey offer more distance than a midrange but are not as nose sensitive as a high speed driver so are easier to hit your lines with.

Also, if you're throwing in the 300-350 range, then it is likely that control drivers will fly as long as (or within 10-20 feet) of the more high speed drivers because you will be able to get enough power on them for them to really fly right, unlike the faster drivers.

I recently switched to just throwing teebirds b/c they only go like 15 feet shorter than my wraith and valkyrie, and I can control them much much better.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby adidadg » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm

high speed drivers will still always have a place in my bag. They just penetrate so much better on hyzer shots, lower lines and into the wind.
adidadg

Postby garublador » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 am

Coleman25 wrote:i guess ive never used one before....what is a control driver used for? I have all my hyzer and anhyzer shots covered
What do you throw when you want the disc to start off with a hyzer, fly flat for 2/3 of the flight, gently turn over for the last 1/3 and then fade?
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Coleman25 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:08 am

garublador wrote:
What do you throw when you want the disc to start off with a hyzer, fly flat for 2/3 of the flight, gently turn over for the last 1/3 and then fade?

Nothing....ive never thrown anything that flight path before...I could see where that would come in handy. What discs do this? TeeBird?
Coleman25
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:29 am

Coleman25 wrote:
garublador wrote:

Nothing....ive never thrown anything that flight path before...I could see where that would come in handy. What discs do this? TeeBird?
The DX Eagle-X, D Cyclone and DX Gazelle are the easiest to learn these types of shots. The Teebird doesn't really do that stuff as well. They don't really hold that gentle turnover like the other discs and don't fade as reliably once turned over, either. Having a few of those versatile control drivers in different stages of wear will give you options for how much turn, when the discs turn and when or even if the disc fades back at the end.
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion