Because I wanted to do it for myself

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Because I wanted to do it for myself

Postby aquascummm » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:18 pm

I've been playing for a little while now, but I am just starting to actually pay attention and learn to play better, and have decided to take a look at what I am currently throwing, and seeing what I can do along with more practice to improve my game any...

I pretty much only throw Innova. It's what I was started on with some x-outs, and it's what I now get at discount from my job.

I guess some advice is welcome, but I'm not particularly posting just for advice...

I think I want my over all bag to be a couple drivers, a valkyrie and some other disc, maybe another valkyrie, in opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of weight, a Roc, since I love it, and an aviar and the aerobie. The aerobie flies where you put it, but it doesn't have much flight in it. It doesn't roll though, which is nice.

164-166 gram aerobie arrow in blue
150 DX Aviar in yellow
175 KC Pro Aviar

150 DX Leopard in Pink
176 x-out Roc in green

166 DX Tee-Bird
174 star valkyrie in white
174 champion valkyrie in orange... pretty rough edges from Sylmar a.k.a. Tree Hell

I mostly use the KC Pro Aviar and the Star Valkyrie, with the occasional Roc throw when deemed necessary. I don't even really throw the others, but I have been getting a lot of my friends into the sport, so it's good to have the others as loaners/backup discs. Also the reason for the DX discs, good cheap discs to hand out to my friends.

Looking at the list, now that I have actually made it and taken a look at what I throw, I am pretty happy. I really like my valkyrie, the white star one, it's what I drive with 99% of the time. The aviar is good, but I do a lot of hyzer putts, I can actually aim a bit better that way. Any good discs for intentional hyzer-ing?

The Roc I don't tend to use, unless my drive sucked or hit a tree... so actually I guess I use it pretty often. Anyways, I like it so far.

Any thoughts?
aquascummm
Noob

Postby Triplebogey » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:39 pm

you need something overstable, like a Whippet, Firebird, Max or something like that.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby aquascummm » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:26 pm

I'll look into getting something overstable... I got a wraith which is a bit overstable

I lost my favorite valkyrie yesterday :( I found a discraft pro elite MRX that looks like it had been there a year. I called the number inked on the disc but it's no longer working, it seems. Also put an ad on craigslist.

Bought an orange 150 valkyrie and a lime green 174 wraith, both star plastic. Something with a straight flight and something with a curvy flight I am used to.
aquascummm
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion