djalizwan's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

djalizwan's bag

Postby djalizwan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:30 pm

My Current bag is as follows:

Stable Control Driver
Innova TL Star 169

Distance Driver/Understable Driver
Latitude 64 Vision Opto 170

Roller
Innova Beast DX 150

Overstable Driver(s)
Innova Banshee DX 167

Mid-Range
Discraft Buzzz elite Z
Discraft Buzzz FLX

Putters
Gateway Wizard S Medium
Gateway Wizard S Soft

For the record, I have a solid 300ft noodle arm...in a field...with no trees.

I hate trees. :evil:
Last edited by djalizwan on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
djalizwan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby latitude » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:01 am

I would say drop the DX Beast, will became way flippy in just about some weeks. Try the Pro Beast :wink:

As a very overstable driver I would suggest CHampion Firebird, but you can't either go wrong with a Z Predator.
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby victorb » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:16 pm

latitude wrote:As a very overstable driver I would suggest CHampion Firebird, but you can't either go wrong with a Z Predator.

Since he's only throwing 300', a Banshee or even something like a starfire-x would be better for a very overstable slot than either a firebird or pred. I throw 370' golf D and still prefer a banshee myself.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby djalizwan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'd kind of been looking at a Banshee for awhile, I may just have to pick one up now.

I've also thought about replacing the Sidewinder and the Beast with a Latitude 64 Vision. Thumbs up? Thumbs down?
djalizwan
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:29 pm

djalizwan wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. I'd kind of been looking at a Banshee for awhile, I may just have to pick one up now.

I've also thought about replacing the Sidewinder and the Beast with a Latitude 64 Vision. Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Just got a yellow 174 Vision in Opto line today. Initial notes are that it fades significantly more than a Sidewinder and fights back harder and more consistently but can be thrown to stay annied all the way easily. Definitely a hyzer flip disc. Rolls far. For 330' I gave it about 25-30 degrees of initial hyzer and it still flipped to a couple of degrees of anny especially if giving more power. Immense hyzer requirements or low speed and high RPM for low lines are mandatory or it flips and crashes short.

Good for low power throws like standing still or new players. Forces plane preservation and likes any snap you can give it but forcing great nose down angle is a bad idea if giving any power>flip city.

Depending on what you want I'd say that it still is a safe bet to get Vision over Sidewinder. More predicatable than Sidewinder in Champ at any weight. No experience of other plastics in Sidewinder mold. At 174 Vision won't move as much sideways as my 148 Leopard in Star :-) By a long shot.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Solty » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 pm

djalizwan wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. I'd kind of been looking at a Banshee for awhile, I may just have to pick one up now.

You may want to check out Millennium's EXP1 drive as well. It's banshee-esque but to me, feels much better in the hand.

The vision i thing would be a complement to the beast, at least until the beast beats up. JR's reviews on the Vision are spot on...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby djalizwan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:49 pm

Updated
djalizwan
Tree Magnet

Postby djalizwan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Added a Banshee
djalizwan
Tree Magnet

Postby cmlasley » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:02 am

djalizwan wrote:Added a Banshee

You have a good solid bag now.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion