In lieu of Masterbeato...two of my throws...please critique

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

In lieu of Masterbeato...two of my throws...please critique

Postby jppbkm » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:35 pm

I have been working on my form a lot lately. There has been a lot of field work throwing putters and rocs and I just got a camera so please give feedback. Right now I am hitting 300 with rocs consistently and 350 with drivers. Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r-lAqprrFY
jppbkm
Noob

Favorite Disc: valkyrie

Postby Aaron_D » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm

I really like your throw. Your wrist appears to be getting good extension, but it looks like you may be extending it into a wrist up position. Try keeping a wrist down orientation throughout the wrist extension. You might not be able to extend it quite as much, but you will decrease OAT and keep the nose down easier.

The only other thing is your acceleration. Try starting your pull slower. You look like you are pulling as fast as possible.

Your release looks a little low, but you could be throwing a hyzer or hyzer flip. If you are hyzerflipping those kc rocs then make sure you arent torquing them over. I find kc rocs really hard to flip unless they are light or beat.

Those are a few things I see, but overall your form looks solid. Your weight is nice and forward, your footwork is light and balanced, your followthrough is decent, you look controlled. I can definitely can tell you've put work into your technique development. I especially like your off arm--looks just like the pros...Im working on getting rid of my "special" arm.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby Aaron_D » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 pm

http://www.virtualdub.org/

you can use this program to edit out the dead time between throws. It's real easy to use.

Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby WraithMe » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:11 pm

I throw about the same distance as you but I need to reach back much further. I think you would likely be able to hit 400' consistently just by extending your reach back. If you want to keep a bent elbow just reach towards your left shoulder. I can't say I've seen any really big arms that have a style with that compact of a throw.
WraithMe
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champ Classic Roc

Postby JR » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:20 pm

Agreed with the previous posters. Before adding more turn for the reach back start the quick arm acceleration later for better spin and straighter flight lines.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dflaschiii » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:40 pm

You might benefit from a longer step onto your plant foot. This helps with the timing of the late acceleration.
dflaschiii
Tree Magnet

Postby jppbkm » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Aaron...are you using a software editing program to slow down the video of you driving? If so...what program? Masterbeato...Blake...anyone else with feedback? Do I need a later pull? Any suggestions on keeping a more wrist down follow-through/throw?
jppbkm
Noob

Favorite Disc: valkyrie

Postby Aaron_D » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 pm

yeah, that's what im using to slow it down and break it into clips. I use microsoft movie maker that comes with windows to combine the individual clips.

Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby masterbeato » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:21 am

Your X-step is a series of 2 steps just hopping away. Make your X-step just ONE step.

Should be smooth and fast, hopping through your steps your body is going up, down up down......

Concentrate more on moving your body forward on a continuous motion.

X-step should be this: Left foot behind your right, left foot planting (getting ready to push off), plant right foot, push off with your left foot. It should be one continuous step.
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby pg043 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm

i agree with most of what's been said. pay attention to your wrist orientation (looked like it might be going up at the end). other than that, i think you could increase d by simply doing a longer reachback and maybe pulling throw a bit higher on your chest
pg043
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 am

Aaron_D wrote:http://www.virtualdub.org/

you can use this program to edit out the dead time between throws. It's real easy to use.

Is there a free program like this one that also allows you to do slow motion editing? I'd like to run a clip at normal speed and then run it in slow motion. The program that came with my video camera doesn't do that. Thanks.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Return to Video Critique