Upcoming Texas Tourneys

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Upcoming Texas Tourneys

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:38 pm

I'm looking to play in at least one tourney sometime in the next month, but none are really close to me. I'm about 2 hours from houston, 3 from dallas and 5 from austin/san antonio.

Any thought on what I should play out of HOTT in Kyle, TX, PIAS Open in Crowley, and Live Oak?

I'd like a two day event, 4 rounds, but none of these really offer that. I'm also hoping to play a tourney on a championship course (par 60+), but i don't know if that's a possiblity this summer in my area.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby J. Ray » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:36 pm

Well I would normally recommend HOTT in Kyle, since we're title sponsors, but Live Oak is my fave course and offers the most variety for a two-day event. LODGA always runs a clean event as does Team Justice w/ the HOTT tour. Kyle is a one day event. If you wanted, you could wait til the end of July and play the Manor Open @ one of Texas' best new courses.
J. Ray
Noob

Postby RustyP » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:26 am

PIAS Open in Crowley is a 2-day event...I think it's something like 27+ holes per round! Definitely a tough course with lots of elevation, though I'm not sure about the actual par. Last year it was 105+ degrees outside, and most of the course is open...which is the main reason I didn't play (I enjoy being alive :D)

I'm saving my energy for the Dynamic Discs CedarVille Open on August 2-3 in Cedar Hill, TX (just south of Dallas). 2 days, 2 awesome courses (secluded, DG-only park, very scenic)...last year's event was a blast! Both of the courses are mostly short and tecnical (par 54), but there are a few that really play more like par 4s and 5s. Rusco at DD really puts on a great event...plenty of prizes, CTP, ring of fire, basket give-away, etc. Some big names usually show up to events out there too...
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Timko » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:27 pm

RustyP wrote:Rusco at DD really puts on a great event..

Always been impressed with the tourney's that Jeremy puts on.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby RustyP » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Another good one coming up...

The 2008 Sports City Fahrenheit Flight
Veteran's Park - Arlington, TX
July 19th 2008 - PDGA C-Tier
Register online at titledisc.com

Awesome course, nice little one-day C-Tier...come one, come all.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby geoloseth » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:00 pm

RustyP wrote:Another good one coming up...

The 2008 Sports City Fahrenheit Flight
Veteran's Park - Arlington, TX
July 19th 2008 - PDGA C-Tier
Register online at titledisc.com

Awesome course, nice little one-day C-Tier...come one, come all.

I'm deffinitely making this one. Its a great course and the ADGC puts on good tourneys.

Man, I've been dying to play a tournament for months now. Only 2 weeks.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Grayson » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm

I've always wanted to play veteran's, maybe I can make it up to that one, I'd rather play in a B tier if I'm gonna drive three hours to get there. Are there minis on sunday in the area? (maybe lewisville? or dallas?)

I might just try to hit up this one and make it to some of the courses I used to play when I lived in Richardson, like BB Owen, and that crappy 9 hole in plano, then make it up to lewisville.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby geoloseth » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:47 pm

If you check out www.discgolfersr.us you can search for the DFW disc golf group. A few guys posted the days and start times for area minis. I haven't been on there in a while so I'm not sure if the list has been updates.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby scoot_er » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Go to Live Oak
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:29 am

anarak82 wrote:I've always wanted to play veteran's, maybe I can make it up to that one, I'd rather play in a B tier if I'm gonna drive three hours to get there. Are there minis on sunday in the area? (maybe lewisville? or dallas?)

I might just try to hit up this one and make it to some of the courses I used to play when I lived in Richardson, like BB Owen, and that crappy 9 hole in plano, then make it up to lewisville.

Unless they've changed in the past 6 months, Z Boaz has a Sunday mini at 3pm...and I think the Vet even has a sunday morning mini at 9 or 10, but I'm not sure about that one. If you're gonna play some casual golf on Sunday, I'd skip BB and Plano and play something more interesting...the new course in Mesquite (Paschall) is pretty sweet, and there's always Cedar Hill (not very far from the Vet) or Bicentennial Park in Crowley.
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby RustyP » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:10 pm

**bump bump**

Dynamic Discs CedarVille Open
PDGA B-Tier Event
Comin' up in less than 2 weeks...
August 2-3 - Cedar Hill, TX (just south of Dallas)

Awesome event put on by the DD crew...2 beautiful & challenging courses on one property, awesome payout and giveaways (last year someone went home with a Chainstar for $4), goodtimes guaranteed.

Check out the course reviews here:
Beaver Course - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=139
Coyote Course - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1475

Online Registration at TitleDisc.com

Every tourney in Cedar Hill is a blast - the courses are secluded and some of the best in Texas (the park is exclusively for DG), the locals are great people, there's usually someone selling burgers or bbq at the course. Trust me, you'll love it...
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby geoloseth » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Is the Cedarville tournament sanctioned yet? It is an awesome course. I'm definitely not missing this one.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RustyP » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:32 am

geoloseth wrote:Is the Cedarville tournament sanctioned yet? It is an awesome course. I'm definitely not missing this one.

I thought it had already been sanctioned, but according to the PDGA tour schedule it's still pending. It will be a B-Tier once sanctioning is complete...just not sure what all that entails. It was sanctioned as a B Tier last year, so I'm sure it will be again this time.

I'll make sure I find you at the park - its always nice to meet people from the board!
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make Cedarville :? But I've already requested off from work for the Lewisville Open, I'll be stoked to play that course again, I used to live in Denton, and would play there every now and then, but I really sucked back then (only suck slightly now :wink: )

Anyone know when registration will be up for the Lewisville tourney? and if there's any site that has info on the layout, schedule etc?

Dallas really needs a kickass and useful site.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby geoloseth » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:57 pm

The problem with Dallas is it's so friggin' big. Parks in the same town are a 30 minute drive or more just on the highway. Plus there's the suburbs towns and fortworth. If you search google or yahoo for Texas disc golf courses there is one site up that lists the courses but that's about it. What we really need is a good north Texas disc golf club that is a legitimate club that can cover more than just one course like veterans or fritz.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Tournaments