Contests or Give-Aways

Comments, Questions, Requests, or Suggestions relating to discgolfreview.com

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Contests or Give-Aways

Postby The Clergyman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:24 pm

What about occassionally having a sweet stamp or tee shirt or something and having a lottery for it? Just sort of post on the thread and you're entered kind of thing.
Jus' n' idea.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby bigs348 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:37 pm

I could understand this idea if there was a fee for the site, or if Blake made any money whatsoever off of it.

This is already a free resource that helps so many of us beyond belief, that a free giveaway would just be too good to be true.

Not that it's a bad idea, just that it's not realistic, unless people wanted to donate prizes for Blake to give out or something...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby sleepy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Then why not make it a fundraiser? I'd buy a t-shirt, disc, mini, sticker etc. for sure!

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Weebl » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:58 pm

I know Blake was thinking of persuing the idea of minis ect. but I do know he is busy as it is. I have a contact with Scott from DGA so I would be able to talk to him for a deal on minis and possibly a site sponsorship. Blake probably has contacts with Innova and Discraft though and would be able to access better deals :P
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:39 pm

I would also gladly support the site AND would like some Disc Golf Review merchandise.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby krusen » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:52 pm

The mini idea never really appealed to me and probably the same with others. But if I remember right, Blake had some cool graphics designed. I would def. buy a T-Shirt with said graphics if that was made available.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby jiwaburst » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:51 pm

The mini idea never really appealed to me and probably the same with others. But if I remember right, Blake had some cool graphics designed. I would def. buy a T-Shirt with said graphics if that was made available.

same same[/i]
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:21 pm

feel free to put up the item and run the contest and i'm all for it :P

i have about 20 mins of free time a day right now heh.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

freebies!!!

Postby folfdork » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:02 am

Heck I'll do a raffle for the innova traveler. $5 a ticket heck I'll even throw in 3 discs new, I'd have to check my stock. To even sweeten the pot I'll donatate half the proceeds to the site so the site can have some doe to do some give a ways or even do there own raffle. One catch is I only take paypal Its up to the moderators to decide this one. I know we do these alot on the rc boat sites. Heck we've gotton enough doe(take into mind, boaters love ther site) to pay for a couple years fees. Take a vote people. let me know. The really cool part on the rc site is once the donations started others added to make the pot even better. Lets see how disc golfers respond. The real player is Blake he's the one who needs to decide if its even worth triing. contact me Blake we could work the details out kinglooie@msn.com I'll help in any way possible.
folfdork
Noob

Postby swel304 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:57 am

with all the traffic this site generates surely some disc manufacturers/retailers would be interested in ad space. Maybe something like pay an annual membership fee, get a dgr.com stamped disc or shirt or something, and special offers/discounts from the sponsors. Surely any retailer giveing say 10$ off your next order to dgr.com members would make some money in return. Maybe a members only forum where the guys who want to give dgr members first crack on trades ect.. Maybe moving bandwidth hog stuff like video downloads to a members only section. I'm sure its alot more work than it sounds like, just some thoughts. I for one reccommend this site to everyone I meet out on the course (newbie or way better than me) and I would love to have a shirt or something to help support it. Blake does an awesome job and It would be nice to return the favor by helping the site continue to grow.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Return to Website Comments