PDGA rule for clothing?

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

PDGA rule for clothing?

Postby CJ1998 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:15 am

Is there a standard for the type of shirt worn in a PDGA event? My friend and I were curious about this. It seems someone told him that there needs to be a collar on the shirt, like a Polo, for example. But then I see stuff like this. On his shirt, there is no winged collar (is that the right term for it?) but there is a collar that fits snugly around his neck.
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Fasteddy411 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:41 am

Collared shirts for A tiers and NT's. as far as i know. But i have played A tiers where people had on t-shirts and non said anything.
Fasteddy411
Tree Magnet

Postby tumpsi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:52 am

8.3 Dress Code

8.3.1 All players in PDGA sanctioned competitions are expected to dress appropriately and maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all Event sites and all associated functions.

8.3.2 The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at SuperTour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:

* All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable. Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.

* No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.

* Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player's shorts shall be tucked in.

* No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut "vents" at the shirt collar.

* No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. For example, clothing supporting alcohol, tobacco, bad music, conservative politics or religion are prohibited.

* Shoes or other foot coverings must be worn. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.

8.3.3 This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds. Players who do not make the final cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour's dress code.

8.3.4 Any player in breach of the dress code will be warned for the first offense by a Tournament Official or PDGA Marshal, may be required to change attire immediately at the official's discretion, and will under all circumstances be required to change attire prior to the restart of their next round. For any additional offenses, players will be subject to disqualification by the Tournament Director, and may also be subject to suspension from PDGA events at the discretion of the PDGA Commissioner.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby curt » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:58 am

Also, for anyone who may be looking for the source of this, it comes from the competition manual. Which can be found with a little diggin on the pdga site
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Roy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:59 am

* No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. For example, clothing supporting alcohol, tobacco, bad music, conservative politics or religion are prohibited.

Bad music ?

Is that a little weird? what about liberal politics?

I can't wear my Rush Limbaugh polo w/ my Back street Boys shorts?WTF :P :wink:
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:58 am

Here is the 2008 PDGA Competition Manual section on Dress Code.
http://www.pdga.com/documents/2008/08Co ... Manual.pdf

3.4. Dress Code
A. All competitors and staff are required to wear a shirt.
B. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes or other foot coverings. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.
C. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies
solely with the Tournament Director:
(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.
(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm
from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable. Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as
designated above.
(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.
(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player’s shorts shall be tucked in.
(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut “vents” at the shirt collar.
(6) No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or tobacco.
(7) This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds.
(8 ) Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour’s dress code.

Promoting bad music, conservative politics or religion are done at your own peril but not from PDGA officials... :)
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby tumpsi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 am

Roy wrote:

Bad music ?

Is that a little weird? what about liberal politics?

I can't wear my Rush Limbaugh polo w/ my Back street Boys shorts?WTF :P :wink:

I think black metal band shirts are bad for golf. Their music rules tho.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby GorillaTactics » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:51 am

hahaha...you crazy Finns with your black metal.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Midnightbiker » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:13 pm

At my last tournament , we had a guy that got pissed off, because he took his shirt off for the second round, and was told to put it back on.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby CJ1998 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I need to sit down and spend some time with a PDGA manual. It's on their website, isn't it?
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Postby GorillaTactics » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:52 pm

There is something in there about "crew neck dri-fit shirts" which describes that Huk shirt Feldberg is wearing. Looks like a T-shirt but it's a wicking tech material.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby CJ1998 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Sounds like it would be a good idea to check with the TD and have a backup shirt available.
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:19 pm

If you're playing an am event, it doesn't matter anyways...maybe a major, I'm not sure on that though
MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Return to Rules Discussion