6-10
19%
10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock
7%
all the pink ones I can find :)
12%

Total votes : 68

Postby Timko » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 pm

scoot_er wrote:I think I like the X Comets better than the ESP as they are a little more HHS out of the box and a little firmer.

The best comets are Z Comets. Those guys can take some serious spin. They fly very similar to RR's, and don't cost $40 a piece.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby scoot_er » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:51 pm

And are they in full production? If not I will just try to get some from my buddy Jim.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:03 pm

scoot_er wrote:And are they in full production? If not I will just try to get some from my buddy Jim.

Nope. I only have 2 of the 8 I originally got left. Released in Fall of 2005 I think. Matt, you should try and get some if you're throwing the Comet. I think you'd like them a lot. Like a slightly more stable X that keeps that flight for a long time. The ESPs fly like the old powder Comets for me. While that's nice, the stability of the Z is nice too.
Timko

Postby SkaBob » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 pm

I've got an extra couple 175'ish Z Comets I'm doing nothing with if the offer's right...
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby DPJ88 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:04 pm

I got my hands on a buddy's old comet that he disliked- I threw one throw with it today on uphill anny drive and parked it. impressed me because it held the line without landing on a serious roll, just a nice flat landing. it's not z or esp, but I doubt it is elite X either.

it is very old- the stamp is a purple stamp of 2 planets with a disc flying around it. old font- not a stamp I have seen discraft use as of late. (before my time in the sport for sure)

any idea what plastic this is?
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby scoot_er » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:14 pm

DPJ88 wrote:I got my hands on a buddy's old comet that he disliked- I threw one throw with it today on uphill anny drive and parked it. impressed me because it held the line without landing on a serious roll, just a nice flat landing. it's not z or esp, but I doubt it is elite X either.

it is very old- the stamp is a purple stamp of 2 planets with a disc flying around it. old font- not a stamp I have seen discraft use as of late. (before my time in the sport for sure)

Probably X. I had a few like that.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DPJ88 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 pm

pretty large diameter disc, isn't it?

good size, indeed. looks to be about the same diameter as my pred.
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Postby SkaBob » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 am

scoot_er wrote:Probably X. I had a few like that.

It's more like Tourney/Cyclone plastic than X if it's got that stamp. I've got one of those (which would probably be in my bag if it hadn't been tacoed to hell and back before I got it). It feels like the Tourney plastic in my X-Clone and Cyclones...
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby Timko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:20 am

scoot_er wrote:
DPJ88 wrote:I got my hands on a buddy's old comet that he disliked- I threw one throw with it today on uphill anny drive and parked it. impressed me because it held the line without landing on a serious roll, just a nice flat landing. it's not z or esp, but I doubt it is elite X either.

Probably X. I had a few like that.

Sounds like the older power plastic Comet. Beat in to be understable, but may be the best plastic in the rain outside of Gateway S.
Timko

Postby Working Stiff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 am

SkaBob wrote:
scoot_er wrote:Probably X. I had a few like that.

It's more like Tourney/Cyclone plastic than X if it's got that stamp. I've got one of those (which would probably be in my bag if it hadn't been tacoed to hell and back before I got it). It feels like the Tourney plastic in my X-Clone and Cyclones...
Not more like...IS! What he described was exactly a Tournament Plastic Comet. I used to draw little "Heaven's Gate" logos and write "Got Phenobarbital?" on mine, which used to piss off a guy in my league. He had a problem with my disrespect for the gullible dead, I suppose.

When I came out of my Comet haze and returned to the mother Roc ship, I used to give my old Comets to new guys I'd meet who had crappy disc selection. It looks like I only have one left and it has a '97 KCWO stamp, otherwise I'd post a picture of my tasteless artwork.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby SkaBob » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:50 am

Comet haze :lol: :roll: It'd take a pretty special disc to replace the Comet in my bag. No Roc I've ever thrown no matter how beat flies like it!
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby gremlin75 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Comet <3

Tourny Pro (I think), X, Z, ESP
gremlin75
Tree Magnet

Postby jeremy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:22 pm

I had been carrying the Comet for about 3 years and tried to cut down molds and replaced it with the Ontario Roc about 6mos ago well it's back in the bag to stay and for good. It's bad when you get up to a particular shot and think about the Comet and see the Roc and try and make it do the same thing. The flight of a Comet is just so gracefull I will never let it down again by removing it from the bag.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Working Stiff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:44 pm

jeremy wrote:I had been carrying the Comet for about 3 years and tried to cut down molds and replaced it with the Ontario Roc about 6mos ago well it's back in the bag to stay and for good. It's bad when you get up to a particular shot and think about the Comet and see the Roc and try and make it do the same thing. The flight of a Comet is just so gracefull I will never let it down again by removing it from the bag.
That's why the Comet was so successful when it was released. The regular production Roc at the time was the Ontario. Lots of folks I knew at that time dropped the Roc for the Comet. I was one of them.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby DPJ88 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

yup. my comet looks like the top left one in gremlin's pic.
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment