WTB 1x12" combo tube guitar amp

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

WTB 1x12" combo tube guitar amp

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:18 am

well, i just sold my taylor 514-ce acoustic (for less than it was worth) to pay some bills and i promised myself that a cut of it would go towards something fun and prepare myself for some more future gear purgings.

i know i'm going to have to sell either my JCM900 or silver jubilee amp within the next year or so and i'm looking for something high gain that would fit as an "adequate replacement."

basically, something in the 40-100 watts range, class AB tube with a good drive channel and in a 1x12 combo... and for $350 or less.

my top prospects right now are probably a peavey ultra 112 or a peavey prowler or whatever i can find at a good deal that would fit the bill (possibly a laney AOR, sovtek or red bear combo, etc.). i would consider 2x12 combos as well... peavey ultra 212, peavey ranger, etc. if they also fit into that budget range.

if anyone has somethin like that layin around that they'd want to get rid of, let me know. if anyone knows of a local store that would have something like that and could give me a hookup, it would be much appreciated.

sorry i haven't been round lately, life is slammin me pretty good.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Leopard » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:44 am

i just scored a teal-face peavey bandit on the cheap. same as the first amp i ever owned, but in better condition. f'kin love that amp.

you don't want it.

but i bumped yer thread.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Re: WTB 1x12" combo tube guitar amp

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 am

Blake_T wrote: peavey ultra 112

sorry i haven't been round lately, life is slammin me pretty good.

i have one of these getting no use in MD

sorry about the life slammin
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby ky chris » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 am

I have a Peavey Valveking 112 and the footswitch. Very very little use because my wife hates it and I ended up buying an acoustic. I bought it brand new 21/2 years ago. Amp cost $399 and footswitch was $40. I'll sell for $300. Maybe we could work out a trade for some of those red predators you're hording. :)
My Trade List
Wizard-Roc-TP Cyclone-Valkyrie-SOLF-Predator
ky chris
2008 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: roc

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:57 pm

wtf zam, 200 posts already?

i guess someone had to pick up the slack and make up for the void of wit with me gone :P

bandits are sweet for the money, but eye want t00bs.

uniced: pm'd you.

chris: thanks for the offer, but i'm not really lookin for a valve king right now... i actually just found one of those for $159 at a pawn shop. bought it, played with it for a few weeks. found an ultra 112 and ordered it. sold the VK112 for $250 before the ultra 112 showed up. the ultra showed up and didn't work. had the worst customer service experience of my life trying to get my money refunded. like seriously... i've had better customer service from the cable company, phone company, etc.
Blake_T

Postby Leopard » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Blake_T wrote:wtf zam, 200 posts already?

someday i can explain it without lying 8)
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby dgdave » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Please notify us (noteably me) if you sell that silver jubilee.
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 am

man...

just had my 2nd bad tube amp in the past 7 days. found a prowler at a pawn shop. appeared to have just some dirty pot issues when i tested it at the shop. got it back and started playing it and the volume started cutting in and out (sounded like a bad rectifier). returned it.

i did decide i'm scratchin the prowler off my list of wants. not enough gain on the drive channel... so i'm guessin that changes my options over to the peavey ultra 112, peavey xxx 112 combo, laney aor, marshall jcm900, jcm600, or jcm2000 combos, etc.

my silver jubilee won't be goin anywhere until:
1. i find an adequate replacement (trades welcome).
2. i get an offer that i know i won't regret in like 7 years when they're worth $4k+. basically looking for current "book value" on it (~$2k).
Blake_T

Return to Garage Sale