6-10
19%
10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock
7%
all the pink ones I can find :)
12%

Total votes : 69

Postby Banzai » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:22 pm

marmoset wrote:Does anyone skip the Roc/Wasp/Element X (slightly overstables) and compliment with a Gator/Drone/Pig/Zone (more overstable)?

Cale Leiviska throws Z Buzzzes and Drones for midranges. But his go to driver is also the Z Pred.
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby marmoset » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 pm

banzai7 wrote:
marmoset wrote:Does anyone skip the Roc/Wasp/Element X (slightly overstables) and compliment with a Gator/Drone/Pig/Zone (more overstable)?

Cale Leiviska throws Z Buzzzes and Drones for midranges. But his go to driver is also the Z Pred.

What I meant to ask is:
Most of us seem to be using the Comet and Wasp (or slightly overstables). Does anyone use the Comet and Drone (or heavily overstables)?

I tend to use the Comets in the woods for finesse. When I get out of the woods I tend to use my Wasps because they are (1) more wind resistant and (2) can handle the increased snap of the longer throws required on the longer unwooded holes. I am wondering if the Buzzz could be my Comet on unwooded holes.
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby black udder » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 pm

I don't believe the buzz has as much glide as the comet. It's also not the same disc. Could you use it? Sure, it's not hard to throw. It'll take a little more speed on your throw and it's a good disc. Just dunno if it would be worthwhile adding it along with a comet. I say that having a Z wasp, z buzz, crystal buzz and comet in the bag (oh and a 169 roc). So far, the comet works the best, followed closely by the crystal buzz. The crystal buzz takes a lot of speed and power and just goes straight with a predictable fade.

I only throw 350'ish, so the wasp probably does that for players throwing 400'.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby SkaBob » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:22 am

The Buzzz gets used for more shots than the Wasp in most bags my friends throw that also include a Comet. It's straighter and longer than the Wasp, and in the right hands is nearly as far as a Comet. We only break out the Wasps when the wind is kickin'.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby sleepy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:12 am

SkaBob wrote:We only break out the Wasps when the wind is kickin'.

I also use mine for midgrange sidearms, thumbers, skip/spike hyzers, trick shots, etc.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DPJ88 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 pm

SkaBob wrote:It's straighter and longer than the Wasp, and in the right hands is nearly as far as a Comet. We only break out the Wasps when the wind is kickin'.

My wasps seem to carry a long way. I bombed one 300 feet on a flat/slightly uphill hole the other day, it was probably one of the biggest rips I have ever had with a midrange, but god it felt great.

no doubt the comet can go forever, I parked my comet on a 382 ft. downhill (pin was nearly 20 feet below tee. so probably played more like a 285ish), skidded to a hault no more than 2 feet from the basket. that was thrown with about 30 degrees of hyzer, it flipped up, turned slightly, and just carried forever.

To me, the Buzzz always seemed squirrely. sometimes mine would fade hard and sometime it would flip or do something stupid. that is why it surprised me that my Comet was so much more consistant- while still being less stable.
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Re: Comet lovers

Postby marmoset » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 am

FYI- this info came from another thread but I thought I'd post it here, too.
Sun King Discs had Player's Cup Comets and mentioned that another run of Z Comets should be out early 2009.
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby Working Stiff » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:14 pm

marmoset wrote:FYI- this info came from another thread but I thought I'd post it here, too.
Sun King Discs had Player's Cup Comets and mentioned that another run of Z Comets should be out early 2009.
Z Comets...I need a bib!
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby adamschneider » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:31 pm

Can anyone confirm that about the Z Comets next year? I was thinking about picking up an ESP Comet while they're $12.95 at Prime Discs, but I can wait for Z if they're coming...
adamschneider
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 164g Halo

Postby gremlin75 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:02 am

adamschneider wrote:Can anyone confirm that about the Z Comets next year? I was thinking about picking up an ESP Comet while they're $12.95 at Prime Discs, but I can wait for Z if they're coming...

I emailed Discraft asking them so once I hear back I'll post their reply.

Personaly I hope it is true...Im a comet whore :D
gremlin75
Tree Magnet

Postby marmoset » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:51 am

gremlin75 wrote:...Im a comet whore :D

You should see my harem!
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby gremlin75 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:51 pm

marmoset wrote:
gremlin75 wrote:...Im a comet whore :D

You should see my harem!

Do show :P

Ok here is the response I got back from DC

[quote=Discraft e-mail response]Hi Gregory,

We may be doing it, it has yet to be decided. Keep tune to our web site for information.

Peace,

Pad[/quote]

Pad's a comet thrower (and just a great guy as well) so hopefully he'll help push then to decide to do it......Im sure if more comet lovers e-mailed Discraft and asked for them to do the run it wouldn't hurt there decision making process either :mrgreen:

Oh and heres some comet eye candy (i cant seem to find the pic of my eps comet stack though)
gremlin75
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:22 pm

Those older "powder" comets are sweet. They've got some of the best grip in the rain.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby marmoset » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:10 pm

My bin of Comets isn't really impressive... I think I have about 15-20 in total. I have a few Xs, a D, some Zs and a bunch of ESPs. IIRC I don't have as many as you and the ones I have aren't particularly lust-worthy. But I love them just the same...

The ones I want are the blue sparkle Ron Russell, a TP, and some more Ds. If DC releases more Zs then I will definitely get some more of those.
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby Timko » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:12 pm

RR's are nice. I sold my 2 a while back. Mine were as hard my red Z's.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment