beast paint :WARNING IMAGE

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

beast paint :WARNING IMAGE

Postby swel304 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:07 pm

I recently aquired an orange beast (thanks woodchuck) with some silly looking pinguins on it, so I stole lock-off's idea and took a paintmarker to it. I only wish I could find something better than a sharpie to do the black linework with.
Image
swel304
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:31 am
Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby BHW » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:47 pm

Wow, that's cool looking!
BHW
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: NC, Raleigh

Postby zealot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:19 pm

very nice

use black paint marker XD just make sure you clear coat it before use..

still, i dont think painted discs are tourney legal (so ive been told)
Image
zealot
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio
Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby swel304 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:16 pm

thats ok, im not ready for a tourny yet. Maybe next year.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:31 am
Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby sleepy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:15 pm

Nice work!

:twisted:


sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

Image
PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Fritz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:42 am

lock-off wrote:very nice

use black paint marker XD just make sure you clear coat it before use..

still, i dont think painted discs are tourney legal (so ive been told)


They aren't. The rule states anything added to the disc post production that gives a detectable amount of texture is illegal for tournement play.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby sleepy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:03 am

Fritz wrote:
lock-off wrote:very nice

use black paint marker XD just make sure you clear coat it before use..

still, i dont think painted discs are tourney legal (so ive been told)
that gives a detectable amount of texture

I'm certainly not trying to stir the pot, as the last thread dealing with this topic was lengthy enough, but I think the above part of the quote is key. I don't think sharpie marker or thinly applied paint markers are detectable.

Now, if it's a goopy mess of paint, that's another story. :wink:


sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

Image
PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby swel304 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:33 pm

I guess I can understand, but if the pdga was making money approving some companies new "grip stamp" TM it would be legal im betting. Anyway I have plenty of non painted disc's and no plans to compete any time soon. heres v2.0
Image
swel304
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:31 am
Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby zealot » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:10 pm

wow even better

gj man
Image
zealot
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio
Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:53 pm

swel304 wrote:I guess I can understand, but if the pdga was making money approving some companies new "grip stamp" TM it would be legal im betting.


thats why the rule state post factory, because its fine if a company makes an added grip point or anything if they do it to a certian number of discs (to try to keep certian people from having a distinct advantage) if you add a grip sticker or something yourself, only you would have the sticker, and it wouldnt be avalible to everyone.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Amateur » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:05 pm

Why doesn't innova do that?

That looks 15X better than any innova stamp I've seen.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw
User avatar
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: Western Illinois
Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby GetMuddy350 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:53 am

Why doesn't innova do that?


I'm sure cost is a factor. Imagen how much it would cut their profit margin adding just $.50 or $1.00 to the production cost of each disc.
GetMuddy350
Noob
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:58 am

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:36 pm

Amateur wrote:Why doesn't innova do that?


No shit.

The only complaint I have with Star plastic are that the stamps suck...

A $16 dollar TeeRex ought to have a F%$CKING TERREX ON IT!!!!
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Fritz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:33 am

Bradley Walker wrote:
Amateur wrote:Why doesn't innova do that?


No shit.

The only complaint I have with Star plastic are that the stamps suck...

A $16 dollar TeeRex ought to have a F%$CKING TERREX ON IT!!!!


Star is meant for pro players, pro players don't want cartoonish characters on their discs, hell half of them probably dont' even want the name of the disc on the disc top.

Never fear when the DX TeeRex comes out you'll get your Dino on the disc. Bonus you'll only have to pay 6$ for it :P
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:50 am

if I cant appreciate a cool graphic when (if) I ever start playing pro Im not sure if I want to anymore :-\, Except other than the cool font on my avenger, the only graphics I have is the wizard on the wizard and the cheezy fantacy bird on my teebird...
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest