Got my first ace today!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Got my first ace today!

Postby BHW » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:51 pm

Went and played a round at Cedar Hills in Raleigh today with two friends. I'm SO glad I wasn't alone...and had two witnesses. I stepped up on hole #4, and snuck it through the trees, and stuck it ib the chains. This hole is only 208, but nicely wooded, and usually gives me trouble. Today, I got very lucky.

Hole #4 here:

http://www.radl.biz/Courses/CEDARHILLS/main.htm

I snuck through those two trees, about halfway down the fairway...still don't know how.
BHW
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: NC, Raleigh

Postby Amateur » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:02 pm

Nice job. That's a lot of tight trees. I wouldn't even attempt an ace run judging by the pictures.

Only thing better than an Ace is an Ace with witnesses! :D
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw
User avatar
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: Western Illinois
Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby zealot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:20 pm

well done :D

smile
Image
zealot
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Canton, Ohio
Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby coogs » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Congratulations!

I got my first ace ever today also. I did the same thing in similar circumstances (short hole, lots of trees), but the hole was only 189. I tried an anhyzer approach (which I'm dreadful at doing) and thought for sure I had overshot the hole only to hear the cling of chains from behind the trees.
coogs
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:45 am

Postby BHW » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:54 pm

Kinda exciting huh? I have several holes I figured would be the ones if I ever hit one. This hole was not on my list. Even though it's short, I tend to find at least one tree to hit on my tee shot. I'd say it was at least 95% luck. The other 5% being my feeble ability to throw a disc just over 200ft these days.
BHW
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: NC, Raleigh

Postby Hightower » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:44 am

Very cool.

And also cool, I've played that course before! Very nice except for umm I'm afraid to throw over the lake on #7 (I think it's #7?) and what's the deal with having a blind throw from the tee on #11 and putting the basket right next to a freakin' parking lot! LOL I feel sorry for anyone who parks there!

HT
Hightower
Noob
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:03 am

Postby BHW » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:18 pm

On #7, there are 3 tee pads, the regualr one sits justinside the woods, and it's not a bad shot over the pond. The "pro" tee is way back on the right side in the woods, and it's 330" across the water. The entire right side of the "alley" is wooded...so your shot has to go left, or you throw sidearm for most people. Many players without faith or distance in their throws will tee from the pad right on the waters edge. And, most players have lost a disc or two in that nasty pond!

Hole #11 isn't that bad. But I'd be very careful, like you said, about parking near that corner of the lot. Most players know better. Hole #13 is the one I hate. It's a blind throw up a hill, a very steep hill.
BHW
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: NC, Raleigh


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest