Worm 28's Video

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Worm 28's Video

Postby cmrichar » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 pm

I finally got around to making a video. It has some putting, jump putting, and a few drives on it.

Sorry if its a little fuzzy, I am a little new at this... :oops:

I have been playing for 3 1/2 years now and am getting 400+ with my diablos fairly easily, and touching 350 with my E sabres

These shots take place in my yard on a few of my practice baskets.

The first drive was from a about a month or two ago. The first problem that I see is that I start my pull through too soon, before I plant my foot down. I tried to fix that in the second drive.

The second drive is how I am currently throwing. Another thing that may be a slight problem is that I may be throwing a touch nose up. Nose up used to be my main problem when I first started, but have corrected much of that as I progressed. The one thing that bugs me is if I am taking too big of a step when I plant my foot? It kinda looks like I take too big of a step which is prohibiting any power to be utilized from my hips, but I may be wrong on this.

The third drive is just something that I have kinda just tried out a few times just to see what its like. I feel that I lose some snap, but gain just a little arm speed. This throw is just WAY to inacurate. there is no consistancy whatsoever, but if a drive goes on line it gets a hair more d, but not really worth it, just something fun to try.

Please, any advise/comments/critique/suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjd0oIF00Mc
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:23 am

Your second drive looks pretty good. If anything...I would say your throwing arm is beating your weight transfer by maybe a second or two. But other than that...looks good.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby black udder » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:10 am

looks good. Might be able to generate some more speed by using your off arm to build momentum (sorta like Des Reading). But, I suspect the only way you'll gain more distance is by refining everything until it's just about perfect. Looks like you've reached the area of Blake's expertise.

I like the way the x-step is smooth and doesn't come to a stop before you pull. It really allows you to add the momentum into your throw. A good example for others.

Also, good job of staying over the disc and strong snap.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby JR » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 pm

If you can get a little bit more torso towards the target you might get a bit more power. On the 360 degree drive you might benefit form a slightly later beginning of the arm pull and with less power initially. That hop you did in the 360 is interesting and unusual. Seems to me that a run where each step hits the ground so that at most or all times at least one of your feet is down throughout the spin would give more stability. Possibly even more power.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby niuvalleycane » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:16 pm

very fluid, nice control, what grip are you using?
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby masterbeato » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:45 am

Looks like your decelerating after the release...

Start your acceleration later in your throw.

Could also use a touch more weight forward. The reason they are not going as far as they could go is because they're prolly stalling out at the end.

Weight forward a little more could cure the 425' from a 360' turnaround to a 425' reg. throw.

Your legs look like they're not doing much in your throw. Bend your front knee more when you plant. Your hips are powering through because of the pivot but your legs aren't doing much they need to be more aggressive.
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby cmrichar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks very much for all the replys!

I forget to add that I am using a 4 finger power grip. I am releasing the diablos with a fair amount of hyzer and flipping them up and they turn a little bit then slowly fade back. Right now I think I am on the border of a nose up throw to neutral flat throw. I used to have terrible nose up problems with the disc falling back, but now for me its hard to tell, so I think I am at least getting closer.

So here is what I need to look at:

My off arm. It pretty much looks like its not doing anything, and its also bent. So I should be pulling my arm tighter to my body during the pull through to get momentum? I am assuming I should keep it straight as well?

My acceleration. This I feel is my biggest problem. So is it as simple as just starting my pull later after I plant my foot? Would taking a less bigger plant step help anything such as getting my weight forward or making it easier to start my acceleration later?

Thanks again for all the helpful insight! Keep em coming!
Chad Richardson
MVP Disc Sports
cmrichar
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 am

Steve Rico puts his finger tips beside his navel. This helps with pivoting quicker on the plant leg. Mass less away from the center of the pivot.

The arm pull should start only after the right leg has planted. The arm pull should be very loose and not forced. Upper arm totally loose like you've just woken up until a quick acceleration 10-12" from the release.

The shorter the plant step is the easier it's to get the heart over the right knee during the pivot. Also less mass away from the center of the pivot to hinder pivoting speed. There's too short plant step too. That's when hip/leg joint or upper thigh muscles and joints lock up or hinder pivoting speed. It's personal to an extent depending on physiology. Practice field experimentation is useful for determining what needs to be done with the plant step length. If you can't get enough run up speed and powered leaning forward from the waist to get the heart over the right knee with current plant step length.

Worm 28 wrote:Thanks very much for all the replys!

I forget to add that I am using a 4 finger power grip. I am releasing the diablos with a fair amount of hyzer and flipping them up and they turn a little bit then slowly fade back. Right now I think I am on the border of a nose up throw to neutral flat throw. I used to have terrible nose up problems with the disc falling back, but now for me its hard to tell, so I think I am at least getting closer.

So here is what I need to look at:

My off arm. It pretty much looks like its not doing anything, and its also bent. So I should be pulling my arm tighter to my body during the pull through to get momentum? I am assuming I should keep it straight as well?

My acceleration. This I feel is my biggest problem. So is it as simple as just starting my pull later after I plant my foot? Would taking a less bigger plant step help anything such as getting my weight forward or making it easier to start my acceleration later?

Thanks again for all the helpful insight! Keep em coming!
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique