What an unlucky/lucky round I just had

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What an unlucky/lucky round I just had

Postby coogs » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:42 pm

I went and played a round with my wife's brother-in-law and this is what happened. **I had to let him use my discs since he doesn't really play**

Threw a goblin into the rough and never found it, but while looking for the goblin I found an Aviar.

Threw a wraith into the rough and never found it (it was the first time I reached around the 380' mark backhand, so I was fine with it) but then found another wraith while looking for it (that new DX is nice!).

My buddy threw a cyclone into the rough and never found it, but found a cheetah while looking for it.

He threw his preceeding drive into the rough, however he did find it, but while looking for it he found a champion sidewinder.

So today's total is 3 discs lost, 4 discs found for a net gain of +1!

Thank God, too, because my entire week would've been ruined by losing 3 discs in the same round.
Last edited by coogs on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:13 pm

wow

just wow
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby jiwaburst » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:11 am

that's some sick rough, where do you play?
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:03 am

I've had experiences like that. Especally when you first start out, it's weird having your bag change so rapidly because of the discs you lose and find during any given round.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby coogs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:00 am

that's some sick rough, where do you play?

It's usually not that bad, it was a combination of two things.

-I had some very poor throws that I normally don't have on those particular holes (which is not to say I don't have bad throws, they just don't typically happen on those holes :lol: )

-Due to a lack of rain over the past two months, all the foliage that had been trampled over in the recent months and knocked down had formed a very thick mat of dead shule. Your disc goes in, it's a pain in the ass to get out.
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby superq » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 am

and I am sure that you plan to call the numbers and make an attempt to return this found plastic?
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby coogs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:17 am

and I am sure that you plan to call the numbers and make an attempt to return this found plastic?

If numbers were on the discs, I'd gladly do so like I do every other time. However, of the four discs found, none were labeled.
coogs
Tree Magnet

discs

Postby twmccoy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:11 pm

Go back there and spend a couple hours combing through the rough and you'll probably find a bunch more. You probably just found the tip of the iceberg.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby coogs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:51 pm

I went back earlier this morning to try and find my original wraith (after some thought, I really didn't want to be without it). Unfortunately, I did not find it, but I found three more discs. a DX Valk, a DX Leopard, and a champion beast.

Once again, not even a name was put on the discs. Usually if there is a name on there, I'll break out the phone book and call all the matches. It sometimes makes for some great calls. :D
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:14 pm

what you play golf with discs? do you hit them with clubs? oh theyre frisbees, I get it. How do they fit in the holes? Baskets? like you take on a picnic? What a weird sport! Im going back to watch the cup stacking champinship on espn!
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

strnge luck

Postby Texas Made » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:30 am

Thas some interesting stuff there...I think everyone has stories- two of my favorites- I threw a Champion Valk into some bushes once, when I found it the disc was about 6 inches from a brand new tie dye beast with no name- the first tie dye I had acqired. that was three years ago. I have since lost both discs a couple of times and they keep coming back. I threw a roc into a pond on one of may favourie courses. It wasnt too deep so I went in after it. when I foud it there were 3 other discs in less that a 6 foot raidius...Score!
Texas Made
Tree Magnet

found discs

Postby twmccoy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:59 am

I once walked into some tall willows and found a beautiful tye dyed orc right at eye level stuck in the branches. Another time I threw a shark in a pond. I put on my waders and went in after it and immediately found like 6 other discs including a brand new champ orc. A couple weeks ago I found a sweet dyed champ valk in some thick brush at a local course.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to General Discussion