an idea to bounce off you...

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

an idea to bounce off you...

Postby zealot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:04 pm

i was thinking about making a site dedicated to the 'zen' (for lack of a better word) of disc golfing. it would be a collection of photography, stories, and possibly an edited video demonstrating what makes *some* people love the sport so much. would anyone be interested in helping? good idea or no?
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Amateur » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Good idea. Though nobody else will know why we love it so much until they go for themselves...
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby zealot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:19 pm

prolly more for disc golfers... it'd be nice to check out before you went and played a round... i know watching some discgolftv.com gets me amped...
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby WhtSx2005 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:40 pm

Disc Golf TV is the best! more sites like that would definately be worth creating. I see big things in the future for DGTV 8)
WhtSx2005
Noob

Postby The Clergyman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:14 am

Did you catch the last issue of DGWN? I think it was the last issue that had something in it about Tai Chi, meditation and that sort of thing.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:59 pm

Dg is weird in that you either fall in love with it or absolutely hate it. I've only coached one guy that hates it. Reading this site makes me want to go throw, but lately my motivation has been shot to hell. I was gonna post a "what's wrong with me" thread. Maybe I'm just tired from work. The record heat doesn't help either.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:21 pm

i think this site would serve as a good motivator towards positive thinking on the course. i know i play my best when i use my routine and believe im gonna make every shot how it needs to be played
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 pm

i do wanna do this, but i want a few people who are interested in contributing..
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:34 pm

I'm guessing that it would probably be great for us that already have an interest in the sport, but it's certainly worth a try.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby trogdor » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:00 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:but lately my motivation has been shot to hell. I was gonna post a "what's wrong with me" thread. Maybe I'm just tired from work. The record heat doesn't help either.

Motivation:
General:
Remember that disc golf is a game. For 1 week, stop practicing disc golf and go out and play disc golf.

Specific:
Throw the fun shot, not the best shot. Use the park benches if there are any. Play in the early morning or late evening and enjoy the sunset/sunrise. Don't keep score. Only use turbo putts. Bring a snack and find a place out of play to eat it watching other disc golfers. Watch the flight of other player's discs. (When's the last time you watched a disc flying over your head or coming towards you.. remember how cool that was?) Watch other players. Celebrate your good shots. Really celebrate other's good shots. Drive an hour to go play a course you haven't ever played or one you don't get to play very often. Play alternate shot with a friend who doesn't play
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:48 pm

trogdor, if you could expound on your ideas and use proper english i'd like to add this to the text part of the site im gonna create. good tips.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby trogdor » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:13 pm

Feel free to use the concept or any of the examples in your site. I was just trying to give some stuff to try if the love of the game is diminishing. How you would expound is different from how I would expound which is different from how another reader may expound. These ideas were intentionally non-specific to allow personal interpretation. If you want to use the concept and expound on the examples, feel free.

Some more... Don't worry about proper English. :wink:

See how far you can throw underhanded. Run to your next shot. Celebrate hitting the only tree on the hole. See if you can skip a non-favorite disc off a lake.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:13 pm

play disc golf with what used to be the only discs to use; Ultimate discs, Wham-o frisbees...
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion