More snap?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

More snap?

Postby chowzer » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:02 am

I know there might be an old topic about this, but not in the mood to dig around.

Is there a way to create more snap?
What do you guys/girls out there do to improve this?

Also, I bought a wraith (thought I was ready for it, but can't throw it correctly), and was wondering, is it suppose to hook hard left or am I not getting enough snap into my throw? I'm able to throw my sidewinder 350ft-400ft rhbh.

I throw sidearm and backhand...mostly backhand.
chowzer
Noob

Postby Weebl » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:20 am

the wraith NEEDS to be turned to get near it's max distance, plus it is very nose angle sensetive. More snap? Im in the process currently, slow everything down and use the bent elbow technique will give you a feel for what snap feels like (you need a loose wrist to achieve this as far as i know), im slowly trying to incopreate that into my throw currently.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:53 am

try throwing a slight anhyzer with that wraith. i find em easier to throw off elevated tees too if that helps you.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Blake_T » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:10 pm

try throwing a slight anhyzer with that wraith. i find em easier to throw off elevated tees too if that helps you.

this is indicative of not getting enough nose down on standard tees.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby zealot » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:26 pm

i didnt ask anyones advice there. i just find the height you need for a nice s is a little easier to achieve from an elevated tee. no offense, but if i want advice ill ask for it.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chowzer » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:18 pm

Lock-Off....thx a lot. I went out today and was able to control the wraith a lot better. Now i'm throwing 400ft easily with the wraith instead of 350ft with my sidewinder.
chowzer
Noob

Postby zealot » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:20 pm

thats awesome,,, yeah that disc is definately only for people who can atleast throw ~320 consistent. more power definately helps. save that disc for your open boomers and leave the more technical drives to something more accurate :D
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

wraith

Postby twmccoy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Oh yeah, the wraith is definitely a brute of a disc, but if controlled properly is probably the longest you'll find anywhere. You MUST throw this thing hard anhyzer to get the distance potential out of it. Just try to flip it hard on every throw.

BTW, the pros are the easiest to work with. The star wraith seems to be the most stubborn. You really have to crank those hard anhyzer to get max distance.

The sidewinder will go almost as far with less effort, but will suffer in wind and accuracy.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Weebl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:28 am

Blake_T wrote:

this is indicative of not getting enough nose down on standard tees.

i didnt ask anyones advice there. i just find the height you need for a nice s is a little easier to achieve from an elevated tee. no offense, but if i want advice ill ask for it.

This is not my discusion but I will share that Blake's advice might not be directed at you. It's informative for someone reading this topic having the same difficulty and not having to scour the forum for an easy answer to lead to a more detailed question or area of technique to look into. If any other discussion is desired, start a new thread or send me PMs.

Back on topic now...
You'll get much more controlled shots if you are able to throw 350'+ to hyzer flip wraiths to get a little height on them while obtaining nose down trajectories and turned over (acts just like elevated teepads) Changing release angle won't increase snap perse; if you want to get more snap, work with slower discs and be prepared to change technique even if for a little bit to find what snap is.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby redspexxx » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:38 am

lock-off wrote:i didnt ask anyones advice there. i just find the height you need for a nice s is a little easier to achieve from an elevated tee. no offense, but if i want advice ill ask for it.

no offense, but if you're that close-minded about your game, you do need advice. :wink:
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:39 am

i didnt ask anyones advice there.

it wasn't advice, it was merely stating an observation.

This is not my discusion but I will share that Blake's advice might not be directed at you. It's informative for someone reading this topic having the same difficulty and not having to scour the forum for an easy answer to lead to a more detailed question or area of technique to look into.

bingo.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Star wraiths...

Postby Texas Made » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:20 am

Yeah, I have to say these things are no fun for me., to be honest Im not that fond of the star plastic. It seems to vary with each disc- some are nice and grippy, others really hard and slick. I do have a sidewinder and an SL that I love though...But yeah, for me its the Pro wraith, it just works better for me.
Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion