Beer

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Beer

Postby alerik » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:42 am

I like good beer.
Sound off with a great beer that everyone else should try.

I'll keep it simple to start off, I recently tried the Sam Adams Black Brew and I loved it. I love darker beers in the cold. Sign in, sound off, and be recognized.
If I can't beat you now, I will practice until I can.
alerik
Noob

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:45 am

Bells-Oberon in the summer. Newcastle whenever :D
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby Supermau » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:05 am

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has alway been a staple for me. Hardly a beer around that doesn't have something good about it!
Supermau
Noob

Beer

Postby CincyKeith » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:30 pm

Great Lakes Brewing Co. has some great beer. Especially some of the malty ones like Edmund Fitzgerald. Other than that, I drink mostly Guinness and Sam Adams.
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby Solty » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:34 pm

Yuengling Lager is you are Pennsylvania. Go to any bar and say, " lager," and that's what you'll get. America's Oldest Brewery!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Re: Beer

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:52 am

alerik wrote:I like good beer.
Sound off with a great beer that everyone else should try.

I'll keep it simple to start off, I recently tried the Sam Adams Black Brew and I loved it. I love darker beers in the cold. Sign in, sound off, and be recognized.

I like to make black and tans with those. Have you tried the Sam Adams October Fest? I have a fridge full of those and San Miguel's.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby krusen » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:13 pm

Boulevard Wheat is one of my favorites as of late.

About a month a go I tested Summit October Fest, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Leinenkugel's Octoberfest, and Red Hook Autumn.
Results:
1) Red Hook: Very good taste with clean finish
2) Summit: Pretty good
3) Sam Adams: Similar to Summit, but too hoppy for my liking
4) Leinies: Dissapointed...I like Leines' entire line except for this one. It was the lightest of the four and had little more flavor than a lager.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby Solty » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:43 pm

had Blue Moon belgian white all for the first time. Real good. Went from having two drafts at dinner to stopping at the distro and picked up a case. mmm mmm good. reminds me of Fat Tire in Colorado from my '99 2 week vacation.

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:07 pm

Krus,
Very nice review though we have different tastes.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:05 am

It may be just me, or the pack I had, but I really disliked the Summit Octoberfest I tried. I've always liked the Sam Adams, though.

I'm not sure what to think of Summit. It seems like every time I try it it's different. I've had some really bad pale ale, but I had some last weekend and loved it. I've always been impressed with their Winter Ale, though.

I'm a fan of most brown ales. If you're in the Twin Cities, or possibly Kansas City, and like brown ales you should check out McCoy's. It's a brew pub that has a brown ale that I really like. It's also only $5.50 for a 23oz (less at happy hour). They have good food, too.

When I'm out somewhere that doesn't have their own beers I'll normally go for something unfiltered like Boulevard, Blue Moon, or perhaps Leinie's Honeyweiss in a pinch. I'm also a huge fan of hard cider. Strongbow and Woodpecker are my favorites.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Smyith » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Goose Island rules
they are a small brewing co. out of Chicago. Honkers Ale is currrently my favorite ale. the IPA is great. I have had roughly about 5 of their beers and they have many more. 312 is another one of theirs but i'm not the biggest fan of the wheat beerss but my friends who like the wheat beers love it.

Also, Thrid Stone Brewing Co. in nedraska the Brown Ale was pretty good. unfourtantly i nvr got around to trying any of the others. Basically because i couldn't stop drinking this and fat tire but we all know Fat Tire and almost all New Belgium beers are awesome.

a really god website for beer rating and descriptions is http://www.ratebeer.com/
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:25 am

MMMmmmm.....beeeeeer......
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby krusen » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:11 pm

I miss the New Begium brews. I used to live in Ft. Collins, CO where it's made and some of the bars have 1$ pint nights. Sunshine wheat is also very good.
The Odell brewery there also puts out some good stuff like Bobby, Easy Street, and 90 Schilling
krusen
Tree Magnet

Postby sleepy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:58 pm

Sam Adams Winter Brew
Bells Oberon
Goose Island Oatmeal Stout
Goose Island's Brown Ale (can't remember the exact correct name)

And whatever the bartender at The Berkley Front (my local pub) is pouring that night...they have over 50 microbrew, hard-to-find, international, etc. beers on tap, so take your pick! :D

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby krusen » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:01 pm

sleepy wrote:Goose Island's Brown Ale (can't remember the exact correct name)

Nut Brown Ale....I just had some last night. I thought it was very good...maybe better than Newcastle

Also tried Shiner Blonde. Kinda bland. Could just have had a Bud instead. I really like Shiner Bock tho.

Also bought some Sierra Nevada Pale last week for the first time in about a year. Yummy....I think pales are starting to grow on me
krusen
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.