fingernail length?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

fingernail length?

Postby msirota » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:31 pm

I think I've found a correlation between the length of my fingernails and my success on the course. When they are long (about 3/32" of white), I seem to throw better than when they are short (about 1/32"). I use a four-finger power grip off the tee with the shortest disc that will make it there, and a fan grip whenever I'm not throwing full strength (approaches, putts).

I'm not sure if the difference is in drives or putts yet; more research is needed, and it takes a while for them to grow back... I'm starting to keep track now, so I'll have more reliable data in the future.

Has anyone else found any significant effect of fingernail length on their game?
msirota
Noob

Postby Supermau » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:34 pm

I keep 'em short so as not to interfere with my grip.
Supermau
Noob

Postby alerik » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:52 pm

I keep mine too short and some times experiance pain with a regular power grip. I seem to get more accuracy with the fan grip, w/ drives, approaches, and putts. It might be the grip not the nails.
If I can't beat you now, I will practice until I can.
alerik
Noob

Postby calvarycoffee » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:42 am

long toe-nails interfere with my x-step. . .hehe
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Smyith » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:48 pm

lol! i been trying to figure out optomal fingernail length myself. good to know that im not the only crazy person out there. i seem to general like a little length but not much. i have nvr actually measured, its not like im that crzy
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Supermau » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:51 pm

One I ripped the right side of my right thumbnail on a power drive because I guess it was too long. Hurt like a bitch! So I keep 'em in check.
Supermau
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:45 pm

I carry clippers in my bag because I have the opposite problem. Long nails bother my grip. Like someone noted, don't cut them too short or you will have pain if you use a power grip. I realized this when I hastily cut mine to join a group for a round.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion