North Face Shoes

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

North Face Shoes

Postby dgdave » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:35 pm

What do you guys think of them?

My Salomons have pretty much bit the dust after 8 monthes of use. I wish REI had them in my size so I could get new ones. Very comfy, but I can't justify spending 125 bucks on a pair of shoes that only last 8 monthes. I guess they can't handle 280 lbs of fury!!!!

Anywho, I just ordered these

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36743401/c/24200.html

Anybody have these? I almost got Hedgehogs, but I liked the way these looked better. All the reviews I read were pretty good. Hopefelly they last as long as my merrells.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:23 pm

I ordered some Salomon XA Pro 3D XCR Trail Running Shoe from steap and cheap for 50 bucks today. I should have posted about them.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby dgdave » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Yup. You should have. Those are what I had. I would have ordered 3 pairs at that price
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Timko » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Dave, call Salomon and tell them you trashed one of their pairs of shoes in less than a year. See if they can help you out.

jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby stoneman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Salomon told me 8 months is the expected lifespan of a pair of their shoes. They said I could send mine in, and if they felt something was worn prematurely, they might fix them. I just let it go. I'd buy another pair, as they are super comfortable.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:55 pm

My Solomons had the bottom start to seperate after 8 months. I sent them in with my receipt and a note and they sent me a brand new pair. Their guarantee is one year. They honored it for me. You're only out the shipping. Is that worth a chance at getting a new pair?
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby stoneman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 pm

It would have been for me. The holes and other problems I had were not hampering their performance at all. So I kept wearing them. I've got about 40 miles a week minimum on them, for a year. I'll buy new ones. My course is very hilly, lots of briars, brush, etc. They held up like I'd expect. Then again, I had to buy a new pair of running shoes about every 6 weeks when I was in college, so this didn't seem so bad. :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fullbag » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:00 am

My Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra's lasted about four months before they became unwearable. The sole on the right shoe was separating, the lace had snapped from two places and lastly one of the loops the lace was going through gave in. I took them back to the shop I bought them from and they sent them to the importer. Now I'm just waiting what will happen.
Fullbag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: KC Pro Aviar

Postby colombo117 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:57 am

My wife bought me a pair of L.L. Beans hiking boots they costed $50 and they lasted 3 years (spring thru fall).
I am using them right now but the insoles are worn out and I am poor :( . I play about 3-4 times a week on concrete tee pads and I weigh 170lbs. Heavier dudes may trash them alot quicker. Just thought I shoot that out there.
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Mark Brunner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:06 am

I would recommend buying shoes from REI if you have once close by. If they wear out in a few months you can return them for a new pair. I tried the XA 3d Ultras before and was glad it was from REI because they were gone within a month.

I have some Merrells now that usually last me around 6 months and I can just return them for a new pair. Now keep in mind this IS abusing their system in my mind but I will only do it once ;)
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Re: North Face Shoes

Postby Eric O » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:38 am

dgdave wrote:What do you guys think of them?

My Salomons have pretty much bit the dust after 8 monthes of use. I wish REI had them in my size so I could get new ones. Very comfy, but I can't justify spending 125 bucks on a pair of shoes that only last 8 monthes. I guess they can't handle 280 lbs of fury!!!!

Anywho, I just ordered these

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36743401/c/24200.html

Anybody have these? I almost got Hedgehogs, but I liked the way these looked better. All the reviews I read were pretty good. Hopefelly they last as long as my merrells.
I'm on my 3rd straight pair of Hedgehogs for winter golf and hiking. They are perfect for me.

The second pair had stitching start to come loose on the uppers after 6 months or so. I sent them in to TNF warranty dept and they called me to ask what color I wanted in the updated model before sending me a new pair.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 am

This year, Salomon went to a 2 peice sole rather than the one piece most folks own. The ones on SAC are one sole, btw. They didn't have 7's though, so I was kinda hosed.

Anyway, I've had my XT Wings since before the Wide Open at the beginning of June. So far, these shoes have gotten a ton of play (as well as everyday use), and they're still in one piece. I broke the laces on the shoes, but Salomon hooked me up with another pair.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:44 am

Steady 26542 wrote:My Solomons had the bottom start to seperate after 8 months. I sent them in with my receipt and a note and they sent me a brand new pair. Their guarantee is one year. They honored it for me. You're only out the shipping. Is that worth a chance at getting a new pair?
i've bought two pairs of these this year and on each the treads started to separate in less than a week! after returning the second pair i just went with merrells instead, its a shame though cuz those salomons were WAY more comfy/lightweight
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Eric O » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:51 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:i've bought two pairs of these this year and on each the treads started to separate in less than a week! after returning the second pair i just went with merrells instead, its a shame though cuz those salomons were WAY more comfy/lightweight
I've heard this as well as other similar complaints from many Salomon owners. That's why I don't buy them even though they do a great job of backing their warranty. And I agree that it is too bad, because if not for the durability issues Salomon would have some of the best lightweight off trail shoes around.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RS39 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:08 am

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7175550/color/24200

Got the 103 off Steep and Cheep last month (10 1/2 actually in stock, woot!). Nice shoe just runs a bit wide. I'm often unhappy with narrow Nikes and run NB. But these are hard to lace snug enough with thin summer socks, and require fall socks to really fit right. Other than that, darn good shoe for miles of woods and occasional huks.
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Next

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear