Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Weebl » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:59 am

twmccoy I sent you a PM.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Diskc Diving

Postby Texas Made » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Wow the age old question-
Give it to its rightful owner, or keep it.
I have a few opions on this-
I give rare discs back if they have names. If its dyed, or a CFR, CE, or ace disk, things of that nature I will give it back. Im not greedy with the disks I find, and to me disc diving is part of the sport. I find a groups of discs in the 6 - 15 range at a couple of spots. I keep the ones without names and usually call back the people who have there names listed. Hell I even got a date with a really hot girl because of a tie dye Jls...Its a way to meet people, and it gives you good game Karma. I also give them away, trade them, ect. Its just part of the game. I think if you are willing to put in the work to find them you deserve them. A lost disc is simply a disc that hasn't been found. I have kept some, lost some, get some back....
Just another aspect of Disc golf.
Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby superq » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:10 pm

I agree totally, we have a lake at one of our courses and it is in play on about 4 holes.

used to be a group oof kids that lived close that would always go in and retrieve them. they would set up at league and sell used discs for $3 and it was first come first serve, as they have gotten older (and started playing) they save the ones with names and let the rightfull owner have first crack.

I think it is a great service and most of the time I will give them $3 to get one back, if not then I tell them to keep it and sell it if they can. Last week I bought one back and threw it as far as I could into the middle of the lake (damn pro wraith) I dont ever want to see that thing again.

my .02

good Karma is giving the guy a chance to get it back.

that reminds me of a story Kevin Babbit told me

he was playing in a tourney in Hutchison years ago, threw his money stingray roller and it went into the pond, looked and looked for it to no avail. a few days later he had given up hope and he gets a phone call at like 10 at night that goes like this

KB - Hello
Caller- Is this Kevin Babbit
KB - Yes
caller - did you loose a red stingray 180 g in Hutchison
KB excited - YEA MAN
caller - WELL YOU AINT EVER GONNA SEE THAT SUCKER AGAIN ---- CLICK

to hear him tell it is just classic, but the nerve of some people just cracks me up!
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby Texas Made » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Thats pretty brutal........
Assholes exist in everything....
Nice peole are rare.
Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Eric O » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:21 pm

This topic finally has relevance to disc golfers in the NW. New course just installed locally with water in play on many of the holes!

I think this is a first of it's kind in the region. The course is on the old Trojan Nuclear Power Plant site. It has gotten nothing but good reviews so far. Can't wait to get out there and check it out. :)
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

disc finding

Postby twmccoy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:21 pm

I found 31 more discs in the lakes today, and that was after keeping only the champion, Z and pro plastic ones.

Found a CE eagle, CE valk X out, 3 champ beasts, 3 champ valks, a monster, firebird and 2 pro starfires among them.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby calvarycoffee » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:41 am

it seemed that when i was part of a club (in orangeburg, SC). there was a tendency to return discs. big comrodery (sp?) We even had a mailbox we used as a lost and found bin!!

but here it is mostly po-dunk (no club yet) and found discs are sold or traded (i've seen it first hand).
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to General Discussion