Banana Chips are good...

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Glock23 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:26 pm

My friends just seem to do it to say that they are vegan.

definately dont take anyone that starts the convo with 'i love meat blah blah blah blah' as serious

I think this is the reason you get a lot of the "I eat meat" responses lock-off, All the vegan/vegetarians I have known get on a stupid podium and act superior, like they are doing it just so they can say they they are better than everyone else. I didn't know you were a vegan until you posted on here, and that is cool. I am glad you don't make a sermon out of it like every other vegetarian I have known (all of who were undernourished and looked like death).
Last edited by Glock23 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby redspexxx » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:50 pm

you can actually get a lot of protein from tofu, beans, and nuts, about as much as red meats...
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zealot » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:46 pm

thnx gabe i appreciate it.

i, in no way, ever try to act superior to anyone else.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:46 pm

redspexxx wrote:you can actually get a lot of protein from tofu, beans, and nuts, about as much as red meats...

I eat a bit of this stuff, however I also eat meat ;-).
and I have not meant too many vegan/vegitarians who have tried to preachy about it, and its pretty easy to ignore the ones who are. :twisted:
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:06 pm

I don't care if you eat meat, banana chips, or even horse apples. But, I think it's the wrong thing to be worried about. You're concerned about vegetarians or whether I'm eating meat in the garden of Eden? How about worrying about the wacky tabacky? I have much more trouble with these people than grass munchers.

There's nothing wrong with being a vegan: after all how would companies sell beano without them? In this abrasive world that I've been warned about, I believe I'll be just fine as I have been known to be such myself.

After all, I didn't get my nickname from going to church on Sundays to discuss Paradise Lost.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Amateur » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:24 pm

I'm not "thinking" about worrying. My friends spent from 3 days to a week in the hospital hooked up to IV drips and shit. I guess I don't really give a fuck either. :roll: There's not a lot of compassionate people in the world anymore, I'm sorry that's just how I roll.

Maybe you should go to church, maybe you should smoke some herb. Religious people and stoners are some of the nicest and easiest people to get along with. I couldn't see anyone having any trouble with either, unless they were trying to change them.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:44 pm

Yes, Herb. That's exactly what we need. We don't have enough of that in disc golf. Then I should go to church. Great idea.

I guess if I need a supplier, I'll head to a course near me...
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Eric O » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:25 pm

Most of the healthiest people I know haven't eaten meat in years. I don't fall into this category myself... hmm...
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby calvarycoffee » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:02 am

I will say that since i've added raw veggies to my diet, i feel awesome. I actually feel like a healthy guy.

but i eat a lot of meat too.

Its the best of both worlds. hehe

stay away from white foods: sugar, white rice, white bread, white pasta.

they make me feel like crap
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.