Motorcycles

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Jsw » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Thinking about picking up a new Ninja 250r for a first bike. Although I really want a cruiser - its hard to find one in the styling I want on a small budget.

I really love the looks of the current model boulevards though. Used they run about 6-9k I believe.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby Jerrod » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 pm

k-os wrote:So apparently now the SV650 is insured as a superbike, but yet I'm fine with a Yamaha FZR 600. Just doesn't make any sense.

HAve you checked out GEICO for bike insurance? Really good prices.
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby domromer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Jerrod wrote:
k-os wrote:So apparently now the SV650 is insured as a superbike, but yet I'm fine with a Yamaha FZR 600. Just doesn't make any sense.

Yeah Geico's price was like a quarter of what progressive wanted to charge to insure my vstrom. Give them a try there rates always seem to beat everybody.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby k-os » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 am

Jerrod wrote:

Yeah. Insurance was still over $1,500 for the SV650. I am really interested in the 2008/2009 Ninja 250's. Easily handle highway speeds, 60MPG, just the look I want, and insurance is around $1,000 from Geico.
"If religion had a good purpose, then man would have created something great. But we're man: we mess up everything. We mess up nature. We mess up God. We take what is given to us and make it into what we think it should be."
- Ziggy Marley
k-os
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FLX Buzzz

Postby stoneman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 am

State Farm was the cheapest for me...but then again I have our homeowners, life, 2 bikes, 4 cars, and a boat insured through them.

I'll bet you guys are younger too. Insurance got a LOT cheaper after 40. :D Hey man, gettin' old needs to have SOME kind of upside. :roll:

Everyone I've known who has ever bought a Ninja 250 sold it within a year to get something bigger. I rode one last year (rode it home for a friend who didn't have a license), and it felt awfully small. I was kind of embarrassed at stop lights. :D

That's a stupid reason to decide on a bike...I found an old Nighthawk in good shape for 600 bucks, so I bought it this year. Don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks, and enjoy yourself. On a nice day, even a scooter is more fun than a car. :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby k-os » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 pm

I'm 18 so that's the big reason why insurance is so pricey. I'm going down to Milwaukee Saturday to check out a 2008 Ninja 250R. I really haven't heard anything bad about the newer models.
"If religion had a good purpose, then man would have created something great. But we're man: we mess up everything. We mess up nature. We mess up God. We take what is given to us and make it into what we think it should be."
- Ziggy Marley
k-os
Tree Magnet

Postby domromer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:21 pm

k-os wrote:I'm 18 so that's the big reason why insurance is so pricey. I'm going down to Milwaukee Saturday to check out a 2008 Ninja 250R. I really haven't heard anything bad about the newer models.

What about getting something that's a couple years old. I'm pretty sure the insurance on a 5 year old ninja would be a lot less than a new one.

Are you financing it? Cause if you can pay it all off at once you can just get liability insurance and not have to mess with comprehensive and collision.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby Midnightbiker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:50 pm

On my 82' my insurance is $76 a year. 8)
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby JKP » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Midnightbiker wrote:On my 82' my insurance is $76 a year. 8)

06 883 custom i pay $87 a year full coverage, through geico
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby domromer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:16 pm

my KLR is $99 per year.

The vstrom is $300

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jerrod » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 pm

I think I am paying 160 for my Thruxton.
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby k-os » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:27 pm

domromer wrote:
k-os wrote:I'm 18 so that's the big reason why insurance is so pricey. I'm going down to Milwaukee Saturday to check out a 2008 Ninja 250R. I really haven't heard anything bad about the newer models.

What about getting something that's a couple years old. I'm pretty sure the insurance on a 5 year old ninja would be a lot less than a new one.

Are you financing it? Cause if you can pay it all off at once you can just get liability insurance and not have to mess with comprehensive and collision.

No I wouldn't be financing. It's a private sale that I found through Craigslist.
- Ziggy Marley
k-os
Tree Magnet

Postby Jsw » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Been kicking around HD's website, pretty affordable monthly payments if you put a chunk down. The 1200 Nightsters look sooo tasty.

Anyone feel like talking me out of one? 8) 8)
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby Jerrod » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 pm

I don't know how big you are but if your at least 6' you should go sit on one first. They are a little small for me and I am 6"2". Also remember with Harley you will be paying a premium for what you get.
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby k-os » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:03 pm

I always found it ridiculous how expensive Harley's are.
- Ziggy Marley
k-os
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.