Disc Speed

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:29 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:I agree it is the indian not the arrow, however if the indian makes a mistake, the straighter his arrow was to begin w/ the less he will pay for his mistake.

If youre throwing a disc that even when thrown smoothly has a tendancy to turn, it will turn even more in a headwind.

That quote gets thrown around alot down here too. I always bring it to the 21st century like: so it's the bullets not the marksman?

If so, why does the person using cor bon or gold dots hollow tip personal protection rounds survive the gun fight while those using ball ammo ends up on the ground looking at a white light.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Tanner » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Here's a question.

The monster is supposed to be innovas into the wind driver...at least....

Brief Description: Most overstable, wind-beating distance driver designed for pro level players with above average power.

Best Choice for: Maximum Stability, headwind driver, thumber disc, forehand/sidearm driver, advanced players looking for a very predictable headwind or hard turning driver.

On mine at least, there's no notch no groove, just a steep lip, but it's unbelieveably predictable in any situation
EDIT - Just saw the part about the steep slope on something like an eagle. Never thrown one, so does anyone know the comparison between a monster and an eagle, disc profile wise?
-Tanner
Tanner
Noob

Postby Weebl » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:52 am

I believe the rim profile is roughly the same, monster has a wider rim, and so it is able to have a sharper edge. From what I've noticed my GDS Spirit has no notch, just the scoop and it is asstastically overstable when new and is finally breaking in to be like a faster Firebird FX.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

monster

Postby twmccoy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:53 pm

A monster is also flatter. No comparison in flight. The monster hyzers the whole way while the eagle flies flat.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Previous

Return to General Discussion