North Face Shoes

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: North Face Shoes

Postby jeremy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 am

Tumpsi and DGDAVE glad I have read the most recent posts I was just getting ready to order the Saloman XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX from Zappos. I have read reviews and they sound good, but it sounds Jesse B707 didn't like them I would like to know why. I would like to get some more info on them and I am now a loyal customer of Saloman and want to stick with them. I have never had a Saloman shoe I didn't like, but wanting a pair with Gore Tex for the winter, and it will be here soon.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Timko » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:47 am

If you're looking for gore tex for the winter, I suggest hiking shoes at least in 3/4 covering. Athletic shoes are just too low profile for the snow.

I use 3 pairs of Salomons depending on the conditions. The whole reason I've stuck with Salomon is they're perfectly contoured for my feet, and they're the best not-heavy duty shoe that fits.

Elios Mid GTX - boots for mud, and wintertime playing. Great in the snow.
http://www.salomonsports.com/us/#/footwear/footwear/hiking/elios-mid-gtx

XT Wings - Hands down the best pair of shoes I've ever played in. 80% of all my golf is played in these. They come in gore tex as well, but I prefer non-gore-tex for the summer months. Just wear water socks for those dewy days.
http://www.salomonsports.com/us/#/footwear/footwear/trail-running/xt-wings

Techamphibian - When it's raining, and i can put on water socks with these. Also used as an emergency back up shoe in case the other 2 pairs haven't dried out.
http://www.salomonsports.com/us/#/footwear/footwear/sandals/techamphibian
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby dgdave » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:54 am

I highly reccommend them. My 1st pair lasted 8 month and I just got a new pair with a warranty. The new pair has a 1 year warranty too. They are super comfy and very supportive. They are also very breathable and cool in the summer, even with the GTX.

I got a pair of GTX north faces about a month ago and they are also a great pair of shoes. We'll see how long they last. They also come with a warranty
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jeremy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:20 am

Yea my Saloman's are the Exit Sport and Trail Runner SW I paired them up with Smartwool socks and they are great.. Very good shoes, but don't think they will be good in cold wet weather or snow. Which pair do you guys think are the best for cold and snow with still being light, and comfortable?
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:09 am

DGDAVE wrote:What do you guys think of them?

My Salomons have pretty much bit the dust after 8 monthes of use. I wish REI had them in my size so I could get new ones. Very comfy, but I can't justify spending 125 bucks on a pair of shoes that only last 8 monthes. I guess they can't handle 280 lbs of fury!!!!

Anywho, I just ordered these

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36743401/c/24200.html

Anybody have these? I almost got Hedgehogs, but I liked the way these looked better. All the reviews I read were pretty good. Hopefelly they last as long as my merrells.

If you have the receipt, the Salomon warranty is 2 years. The Salomons I have are the best DG shoes I've owned.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby dgdave » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:44 am

When I went to send them in, they didn't even ask for a recipt. They told me I didn't need it.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:10 am

DGDAVE wrote:When I went to send them in, they didn't even ask for a recipt. They told me I didn't need it.

Awesome. :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:16 am

i must have got a bunk pair of XA pro 3ds cuz the sole on mine started coming off in like three days, they were probly the most comfy shoes for gollfing that ive ever worn, I would recommend the xt wings instead if you wanna go with salomon they seem to be a bit more rugged while still having that awesome lace system (and they're waterproof)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby stoneman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 pm

I played in my Salomons all winter in the snow, and only wore a thin pair of socks and a pair of SealSkins. I was completely comfy, regardless of how wet or cold it was. I just don't like throwing in a "clunky" pair of shoes. :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Re:

Postby tumpsi » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:29 am

tumpsi wrote:
tumpsi wrote:I just got mail from Salomon (my XA Pro's are leaking a bit), they said that the analyzing and possible warranty replacement is going to take 1-2 weeks.

I'm getting the new updated model, called Salomon XA Pro 3d Ultra. "The new Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra improves on the popular XA Pro 3D by increasing the front cushioning and protection." I should have them before weekend, and I'm going to throw some plastic on weekend too. I'll hit you with a short review next week.

Played a few rounds with 'em today on a muddy course. Kept warm in, and wet out. Just as good as the previous pair, but a little stiffer due to the added cushioning.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby niuvalleycane » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Just ordered a pair of Salomon Mid GTX Rivertek boots, anyone ever use these?
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RoomTenONine » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:07 pm

I know if it isn't Salomon most of you aren't interested (not sure why that is...there are other awesome shoe companies that have longer lasting shoes). Anyway, to each their own. That said, I've heard nothing but great things about the Keen Voyageur although the soles aren't vibram tough (but then neither are the shoes being discussed heavily here):

http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/ge ... n=showgear

I may get a pair of these in addition to my Patagonias.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby niuvalleycane » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:20 pm

I'm actually a Merrell guy out to try my first pair of Salomons
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jaysus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:33 am

RoomTenONine wrote:I know if it isn't Salomon most of you aren't interested (not sure why that is...there are other awesome shoe companies that have longer lasting shoes). Anyway, to each their own. That said, I've heard nothing but great things about the Keen Voyageur although the soles aren't vibram tough (but then neither are the shoes being discussed heavily here):

http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/ge ... n=showgear

I may get a pair of these in addition to my Patagonias.

I am looking to pick up the Keen Targhee II... which is the gore-texish version of the Voyager.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear