Chicago land be ready

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Chicago land be ready

Postby roman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 pm

the unwrinkled ear wrote:
roman wrote:Played Highland Park today. Both regular and long tees. Great course. Bring your bag ;) I don't even know what to compare it to... Channahon difficulty but more woods. Elevation changes similar to West park but more difficult. Some creative pin placements. There are some fairways that run somewhat close to each other in one spot (one the more open holes) that you should watch out for flying discs on if it's ever crowded.

that sounds good. i actually leave for my trip tomorrow and am debating either going north and hitting glencoe and highland park or west to oak brook and westchester. after reading the above, i'll deffy the north one, but are you talking about danny cuniff park or fink in HP?

and is the edgebrook course in chicago worth the fees or should I blam at the IIT if staying downtown

problem now is my free days will be thurs and fri and weather appears to be sucky by then. not that i give a shit - i WANT to play in the cold - i get so fucking hot playing in LA - but my driver may not be as pleased to walk around in it.
shit, the forecast is so nice for wednesday, i may try and sweet talk my way into that too

The course we're talking about here is at Highland Park in Joliet, IL. It's not in the town of Highland Park :) I know, it can get confusing.

If you have some free time definitely head south and west for the best courses in the area. Highland Park (in Joliet), Channahon, and Oswego are all great courses.

It's not worth the drive up north to play Glencoe or the courses in the town of Highland Park. ITT course is very tight but interesting considering the land they had to work with (you're literally throwing around campus).

Playing in the cold isn't bad, just layer up. Wear a hat and gloves. The gloves help keep your hands warm, because believe me, they'll get cold fast.

As for the Edgebrook course... It's long. Not a bad course to play, but it's long. They lost some baskets in the flood this past summer and I'm not sure if they replaced them yet. I suggest you call ahead if you plan on going out there.
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 am

I think Edgebrook closed after the flood. From what I understood they were not going to open again until the spring.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby frennis524 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 am

just shot a -5 at Highland from the whites! yes 3 as par
frennis524
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Courses