Elevated Pins

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Elevated Pins

Postby ferretdance03 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Some really cool pics on that site. Thanks for linking!
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Eric O » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am

Riverbend Disc Golf Course
Milo McIver State Park
Estacada, OR
hole 26

Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 am

We added a new elevated pin placement to an existing hole at Springlake Park (Texarkana, TX) for the Texarkana Open a few weekends ago. Hole W1 (alternate woods holes) is about 260-ish through moderately-dense trees...with a 10' wide gap halfway through the fairway, and a basket sitting at the base of a small (5-6' tall) levee. For the tournament we sat my Chainstar on top of the levee about 30' to the right of the normal pin, making it more of a slight anhyzer shot.

The morning of the tournament I was telling everyone about the new pin placement that I was so proud of, and how awesome it looked...then I ended up taking one of the worst scores of my division on it :)

Parked my drive at the base of the levee, whiffed my putt and landed at the bottom on the other side, did the same coming back up, then finally laid it up at the base of the basket and took my 5.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Re:

Postby spitfire » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:14 am

ferretdance03 wrote:
kvanorsdel wrote:Image

That's my home course! I forgot I posted that somewhere, pdga board I guess.
The tee is to the left, 195 from the short pad and 235 from the long. Slight drop in elevation, tightly wooded fairway. Standing on the pad you can see the yellow band, and assume that the basket is on flat ground. If you overshoot the pin, you have a 12ft high comeback...

tumpsi wrote:1 or 2 per course is sweet, more is lame.
Agreed; that's the only man-raised one we have.

When I played this course you had no idea it was elevated until you start to walk down the fairway, I was happy my rive was shot of the pin.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby Rocaholic74 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:36 am

roadkill wrote:They have several ( at least four) elevated pins at Tyler State Park in Newton, PA.

Two of them are on shorter holes where the pin can be driven from the tee. The added elevation makes you think twice about running for the deuce if you didn't park it.

There are two other holes that are elevated on tough par three holes and both have very treacherous fast greens already. The extra 2-3 feet of elevation makes the 3 a birdie.

Three of the holes are built up on 4'x4' platforms(two tiered) made with landscape timbers. The other one was elevated by creating a cement cylinder with an inverted 5 gal bucket and mounted the pole in the cement.

There are 7 elevated baskets at Tyler State Park:

Hole 3-C position (wicked par 3)
Hole 8-A position (easy par 3)
Hole9-C position (wicked par 3/ there's a cliff just past the basket)
Hole11-B and C positions (easy par 3's)
Hole13-C position (wicked par 3)
Hole 14 C2 position (a mentally disturbing par 5 over 700')
"Goin' where the water tastes like wine."
Rocaholic74
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jaysus » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Bad picture, but cool elevated basket:

That is one of the "new" holes at Sedgley Woods... the fairway comes in from the left in that picture and anything that winds up to the right is just bad news.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Courses