essay

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby deaddisc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:52 am

S Brown wrote:
But yes we are a very diverse group. If only we could break some of the stereo types.

I am new to the game, what are these stereotype(s) that you speak of ?

I am familiar w/ "hippie golf", and the stereotypes asscociated with that blatant generalization. Are there others ? Are they regional ?

I am also intersyed in any regional slang disc golf terms.

I am fascinated by the "lingo" of the game. What are some of the terms you use that you believe are unique to your region, your club, or your regular game?

Maybe that is another thread ......

SB

I'm more concerned about the stereotypes that involve controlled substances; I do not like people assuming I have, use or sell such substances.

Or that we are all jobless bums who do nothing but play disc and get wasted.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:37 am

that almost describes me the first half of this summer, and most the guys I was playing with... ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Solty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:53 am

i gotta say...in NEPA.....locals include

lawyer, banker, healthcare administrator, carpenter, college sports information director, logistics manger for kraft, full time emt, chemist, N/A beverage distributor, general contractor, a few teachers, a sports broadcaster in NYC for college sports tv.....

there is quick lil list of what ppl do. it's a far cry from lazy bums....man...i miss those days @ college :)

m
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:01 pm

:P Alot of people around here are teachers (the profession I am seeking) which coincidentally (I swear its a coincidence, i was an art ed major before I started dg) is perfect for summer play ;-)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Solty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:03 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote::P Alot of people around here are teachers (the profession I am seeking) which coincidentally (I swear its a coincidence, i was an art ed major before I started dg) is perfect for summer play ;-)

i'm going back to skewl in the spring to get my teaching certificate. Banking isn't what i want to do for the rest of my life...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:09 pm

I couldnt see myself working at a bank. Its hard to see myself working though... lol, whats really sad is when I am teaching I wont be making near as much as I am now hourly (Ive been averaging 60$ a night working a 3-4 hour shift, thats 15-20$ an hour average, friday nights is probably near 30$ an hour :-D I AM SO GLAD TO BE OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!) but yearly, teaching will be better, I would have more than 15 hours a week ;-)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Previous

Return to General Discussion