Critique Away/Good Tourney Video

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Critique Away/Good Tourney Video

Postby Toomes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:00 pm

The video is actually footage from the NC Flying Disc Championships, but since I don't have a camera this is all I got. I throw at the 5:50 mark on a hole that is roughly 300-320 slightly downhill. My disc got turned over bad by the wind, so it's not a very good shot, but I think the throw is fairly representative of my normal form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ERySx9xbI

The video is good, BTW. There's some good footage of Wiggins Jr., and Jeremy Koling throwing distance if anyone is interested in that.
Toomes
Tree Magnet

Re: Critique Away/Good Tourney Video

Postby spitfire » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:05 pm

That was a good video, was cool to see other activities besides disc golf.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby Beetard » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:27 pm

The putt at about 5:16. That's how you putt with acceleration, baby!
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby colombo117 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:55 am

Cool clip. That looked like it was a fun day.

As far as your form, I thought it looked pretty smooth but others on here would be better at noticing more than I possible could.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Beetard » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm a dick. I forgot to even watch your drive on this video before. Looks good man. You get a good push off of that left leg and a very quick pivot.

Good armspeed, but there aren't really enough frames per second to tell if you are accelarating or slowing down at the hit, or even where the hit is occuring.

On your followthough, your arm kind of comes to an abrupt halt. That's really the only thing I noticed. Don't think it's really costing you distance though, it happens pretty late after you've thrown the disc.

Personally, when I try to follow though really well, it makes my (right) pec sore, but suffer the little children I guess.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Postby Toomes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Thanks for the replies Beetard. That's Kirk Yoo at the 5:16 mark. Anyone that knows Kirk knows he only has one speed, all f***ing out.

I know it's only one throw and not much to look at, but any one else have any comments?
Toomes
Tree Magnet

Postby Beetard » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:34 pm

It looks to me like you've got solid form and no major problems. I'd guess you throw it at least 370? If you practice and do some drills to really bring the heat just as you're getting to the rip point, you could probably start thowing like the big boys.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Postby Toomes » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:44 pm

Beetard wrote:It looks to me like you've got solid form and no major problems. I'd guess you throw it at least 370? If you practice and do some drills to really bring the heat just as you're getting to the rip point, you could probably start thowing like the big boys.

Your pretty much correct about my distance. I max out at 380ish golf D and every now and then I can throw one over 400' when I'm out in the field. I've been reading up in the Technique section (espeically the Masterbeato's form thread) and I think the problems I'm having are:

1. I'm not clearing my hips. In fact, I've been having some knee pain in my plant leg and I think it's because I'm not clearing my hips well enough.

2. I don't think I'm accelerating through the hit well enough.

3. I'm not releasing the disc with my chest facing the target.

I'm planning on getting out in the field and working from the hit backwards. Hopefully, I can find some with a decent camera, so I can tape some field practice.
Toomes
Tree Magnet

Return to Video Critique