A PDGA Rule Question About A Second Shot

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: A PDGA Rule Question About A Second Shot

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Mwuuhahahaha... :twisted:
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MIdiscgolfer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Aww man! so I don't get to win?
I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum....
"Wise men don't need advice and fools never take it." ....................... Mark Twain
MIdiscgolfer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wasp/Buzzz/Comet

Postby marmoset » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Super Class
Chuck Kennedy wrote:It's not a simple post. Whether FDM comes out soon or not, I'll post the full text and tables on the PDGA Home page within a week or so. I just don't want to mess with PDGA HQ while they're getting the new site set up. It's not a theory but a new subset of discs that will be sanctioned for competition in 2009 with a separate set of player and course ratings.

It's been a week... I can't wait to hear about it!
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 am

Working on it today to get it ready for posting later this week.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby readysetstab » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 am

i really don't have a problem with having to stand and deliver as long as the courses work for that kind of play. it's not like you're actually at a disadvantage if everyone has the same rules. if you've played disc golf (by the rules) more than once, you've been in positions where a run up is impossible anyway. it's something we all should learn to do well. and if only certain tournaments will have these rules, i can't see any issues with that. no one is forced to play those tournaments.
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby marmoset » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 am

marmoset wrote:Re: Super Class
Chuck Kennedy wrote:It's not a simple post. Whether FDM comes out soon or not, I'll post the full text and tables on the PDGA Home page within a week or so. I just don't want to mess with PDGA HQ while they're getting the new site set up. It's not a theory but a new subset of discs that will be sanctioned for competition in 2009 with a separate set of player and course ratings.

It's been a week... I can't wait to hear about it!
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 am

I sent the text of the Super Class article to Brian Graham yesterday and he said it will be the next article posted on the Home page of the PDGA website either later today or tomorrow. We found out Friday that the Super Class article I wrote for the 4th FDM issue didn't make it in there. So I formatted that nicely as a PDF and it will also be made available for download once the shorter article for the PDGA website is posted.

UPDATE - Just as I posted the above paragraph, I got a call from Brian. He wants to get approval from the Board on the final details of Super Class sanctioning before posting the article. The good news is that we'll have the actual financial details tied down when he does post the article but that could be another week.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Midnightbiker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Once again, I seem to open a can of worms. :oops:
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Previous