Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New disc more distance?

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:28 pm

my discs include 175 champion viking-love this disc
174 JLS i found with no name-was my favorite when i threw RHFH still my go to
170 or so Dx Shark
150 Dx Lep
Aviar

My question to you Blake and Co is my friends and i went to a football field to see how far we could throw. Throwing RHBH i could throw my vike, jls, friend champ orc, my dx shark and friends champ valk all about 300'. Its cold here in maryland now so im just thinking about my game because there is nothing else to do. I'm wondering if i should get a lighter disc to try to throw farther or what?
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Blake_T » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:31 pm

at 300' of power, there are a handful of discs that would likely get you a bit more D. yes, lighter will help with that too.

discs that would probably add 10-20':
-elite z flash 167-169g
-elite z spectra 168-172g
-millennium orion 165-169g

sounds like you still have some technique tweaking to do to really slide up to the 350-ish plateau as you are currently in between plateaus (275' being the lower one).
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:19 pm

When I take my bag to a field, I find the same thing. I get about the same distance from all my discs (except the demon).

I was very surprised to see my midrange discs landing next to or ahead of some of my drivers.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:11 pm

the more D you have, the greater the spread between discs becomes. visually, 15' doesn't look like very much, but if you are throwing 300', that is 5%.

generally speaking, you won't get much more than about 5% distance changes from moving up and down steps in discs. e.g. valkyrie to wraith = 1 step. eagle to valkyrie = 1 step. gazelle to eagle = 1 step. cobra to gazelle = 1 step. roc to cobra = 1 step. classic roc to roc = 1 step. aviar to classic roc = 1 step.

if your drivers are honestly flying the same D as your midranges and you throw longer than 275', you aren't getting enough nose down with your drivers.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique