Blake is awesome. I am a truly humble student of the Obi Wan Blakobi that is all.
I will make one more recommendation.
Take the winter and learn to start your swing at the hit position.
Look at nearly ALL of the best players. Not all but most. Shultz, Doss, Feldberg, Jenkins, etc. There are lots more. They run up and place the disc in the hit position at 10 oclock and THEN SWING BACK FROM THERE. Then they swing back and hit it at that spot.
I believe your "arm back" run up promotes your poor elbow and hit position.
1. Start with the disc out in front of your chest
2. Cock forward (at the x step) and place the disc where you are going to hit, and get your elbow extended out in front (I mean extended----look at Garret Guthrie)
3. COCK BACK from there (wind up using trunk and shoulder muscles)
4. Rebound forward (glide forward with momentum)
5. Go right back through that position and hit the SHIT OUT OF IT!!!! (pull hard through using muscle-you already know how to do this better than anyone I know)
This is something I am learning myself, and it is a very powerful tool from "pre programming" the perfect hit position. It makes total sense, really.
You do not swing a golf club like Happy Gilmore and run up swinging back, you start from the ball. Swing back then forward to the same spot.
This is more than a positional thing. It is timing thing too. It is real confidence builder. However, it will screw with your form and timing until you get used to it. You will be all over the place. Trust me. I have been really having trouble because I am used to using my off arm a lot late in the throw. I realize now how bad this is screwing my potential. I "place" I do not "swing".
Take few months and learn it.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw