Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player w/numerous HD-DVD's

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player w/numerous HD-DVD's

Postby Seneca_22 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:31 am

Okay, this is just the HD-DVD player. Shortly after picking this up on clearence, I ordered a lot of HD-DVD's because they were HD movies, and they were cheap. Sadly, my 360 died about a month later, leaving my HD-DVD player w/no purpose. So here's what you get.

HD-DVD player updated to play later movies. I bought quite a few movies, but not at home to look and see which ones they are. Here are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Hot Fuzz
Nacho Libre
Knocked Up
Balls Of Fury
The Thing
I Am Legend
Children of Men
Polar Express
Blade Runner
The Bourn Ultimatum
Shooter
Transformers
Serenity
King Kong

That could be all of them, maybe I'm missing a few. Man, I read some crap reviews on how the 360 HD-DVD player wasn't that good, but I got to say the pic was awesome on my Sony Bravia flatscreen. It's a 720p set, and I had it hooked up w/a HDMI cable. "The Thing" was impressive as I watched my old DVD version compared to the HD-DVD version, wow, what details, and that was on all the movies I checked out.

I don't know what is is w/Blu-Ray. I have Kung Fu Hustle and House of Flying Daggars and sadly they don't look half as good as any of the HD-DVD movies I watched. Maybe cuz they're older movies, I don't know, but HD-DVD's definitely look awesome.

For those not in the know, you need to have a Xbox 360 to attach the player to. Make me an offer.
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Re: Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player w/numerous HD-DVD's

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 am

are you playing blue rays on a playstation 3? if so they will only be true hd if you own a tv capable of 1080p, for some stupid ass reason they didnt add the ability to downscale blu rays to 720p on the ps3, so if you watch them on a 720p set they will downscale all the way to 480p (regular DVD). I found this out the hard way with my ps3 and 720p set :(
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Seneca_22 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:52 am

Well then, that explains a lot, and that sucks!!! Not sure when I'll upgrade to a 1080p set. Weird because I have a 720p monitor and blu-ray looked better on that monitor. I'm better off getting regular dvd's and letting those get upscaled.
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:20 am

If you get a regular Blu Ray machine they have no problem downscaling, its just theshittyPS3
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Seneca_22 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Weakness!!!!

Thanks for the tip Jesse B, I don't know what to do about it other than sell my tv and get a 1080p one w/some extra cash.
Seneca_22
Tree Magnet

Return to Garage Sale