Blake, Post these assignments anyway...

Sets of drills targeted at developing a full skill sets of shots and mastery of flight characteristics. Players taking part are encouraged to post their experiences and feedback.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Create a disc golf "fight club" for serious training that is members only?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 20

Blake, Post these assignments anyway...

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:13 pm

Unfortunately in this day and age, people tend to lack the dedication needed to become great. People more and more settle for mediocrity over self-improvement. Well, I for one will not. I am an eagle scout and know what it takes to accomplish a goal. While I may not have the time in my life right now to practice these drills everyday, I do when I can. I also know that there is a handful of people on this site that would be dedicated to posting their findings and questions about homework assignments along with myself.

Maybe you need to be a little more selective and make this section a members only area. If you want to improve your game, then you can request to join this members area. That will keep anyone not serious about these assignments from taking that step.

Maybe I'm just on a rant, but it's time to seperate the men from the boys.

Let me know what you think.
LastBoyScout

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:53 pm

i'm trying to avoid elitist type things as i really just want the greatest amount of info open to the greatest number of players.

i've toyed with the idea of a pay site w/ streaming videos... but that will probably not be for a while... when there is sufficient demand.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby LastBoyScout » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:30 am

I wasn't so much thinking it to be as an eliist type deal, but as a simple way to attract contributors who would actively post.

Maybe these homework assignments would be something that you could use in tandum with your DVDs. It would be a surefire way to get people interested in growing in the sport to participate and provide feedback.
LastBoyScout

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:58 am

It's not lack of dedication man. I wish I could play more than I read this forum. But, time does not allow. The closest I come to playing is throwing my putter down the alley behind my house.

Believe me, I would play every day if I could. Everyone one of us probably would.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby deaddisc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:20 pm

There is already an exclusive pay to join disc club, its called the pdga. I for one am glad that this site is available w/out joining/paying, because if it werent I probably wouldnt be here at all. It is a great resource for all players, but even better for beginners. I dont know too many people who will dive in head first into something to the amount which they would pay to join a site to read about disc technique, probably just go out and play instead.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Blake, Post these assignments anyway...

Postby craftsman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:14 pm

I really appreciate the time and effort put forth by Blake and many of this sites members.
The take I'm getting is that you guys feel we-not so active members- are not using the resources due to a lack of posting. This is not true, at least in my case. I continue to read/re-read the main articles and do the drills- all of them.
I have big goals and currently see this site as my only hope to obtain those goals.
I usually hesitate to post here as I do not want to fill your site with my amatuer progress.
craftsman
Noob

Favorite Disc: challenger

Re:

Postby craftsman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 pm

LastBoyScout wrote:I wasn't so much thinking it to be as an eliist type deal, but as a simple way to attract contributors who would actively post.

Maybe these homework assignments would be something that you could use in tandum with your DVDs. It would be a surefire way to get people interested in growing in the sport to participate and provide feedback.

Where do I get these DVDs?
craftsman
Noob

Favorite Disc: challenger

Re: Re:

Postby riverboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:46 pm

craftsman wrote:
LastBoyScout wrote:I wasn't so much thinking it to be as an eliist type deal, but as a simple way to attract contributors who would actively post.

Where do I get these DVDs?

They were discontinued four years ago. :) Very rare now.
ChUcK wrote:Gateway doesn't use foil hotstamps. Dave Mac employs a neanderthal with a chisel and a loveless childhood.
riverboy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: CE eagle X

Return to Disc Golf Review Training Assignments