Wicked foot faulters!

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Wicked foot faulters!

Postby Midnightbiker » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:37 am

garublador wrote:
black udder wrote:
garublador wrote:I would definitely laugh if someone stroked me in casual play. Might as well give me demerits or naughty points.
I still believe if you're going to keep score, then you play by the rules - take the strokes and learn. There's no harm in casual play and it benefits you in the long run.
That's why I would laugh, I don't keep score during casual play.

My casual play is not practice for tournaments. I play for fun. If I determine that rules other than the ones followed in PDGA play are more fun, I'll play by those rules instead. If someone is calling me on rules I'm not trying to follow then that would ruin my fun, hense defeating the purpose of casual play and I would avoid playing with that person.

I just want people to keep that in mind when playing with people you find on the course. Not all of us care about tournament play.

Just a word on tournaments, they can be fun. I love tournaments. To me its like a disc golf party, getting together with friends, making new friends,and just enjoying a day of disc golf. Plus, you can see how you game measures up to other people.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby edrift101 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:22 pm

As a new player, whom foot faulted on pretty much every putt - I was glad that someone told me I would be called on it during tournament play. After about a week of practice - I don't do it anymore and my putts are better as well.
edrift101
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star TeeBird

Postby Midnightbiker » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:40 pm

I foot faulted on a putt during a tournament, and I got a stern warning not to do it again.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion