DG Gloves!

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DG Gloves!

Postby ryankilgore » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:34 pm

ryankilgore
Noob

Re: DG Gloves!

Postby Solty » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:00 pm

The maker of these gloves played at my yearly tournament in 2008 and gave me some pairs for CTPs. They're really are nice gloves however i'm not one for gloves.

I know MS is the only reseller of the gloves.

Mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby black udder » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:33 pm

I don't think I could wear gloves when throwing either... although they look like a good option for folks that could. A friend of mine would throw with gloves similar to that in cold weather.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby spitfire » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 pm

I thought you couldn't throw wearing a glove?
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby spitfire » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:15 pm

I posted before I checked out the link. So they are ok to use because they are half finger gloves?
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Dogma » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:01 am

ryankilgore wrote:http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/proddetail.asp?prod=glove%5Fgamehand

Any of you tried these out yet?

Is it just me, or is there something a little off about the thumb in that picture. I'm creeped out.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Eric O » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 pm

If any one shows up to golf with me wearing a glove while they throw they better be prepared to be mercilessly mocked for the entire round.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jeremy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:31 am

We had a guy show up with a white golf glove on his throwing hand, and everytime I saw him it reminded me of MJ.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Jaysus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:23 am

I was thinking that if someone really wanted to wear a glove, they would use one of those wide receiver gloves Image.

I usually wear a liner-type glove on my left hand the whole round... and wear a fleece glove on my right hand between throws. It slides on and off easy, and I stash it in a cargo pants pocket or in my bag while throwing.

I can't imagine wearing a glove while actually throwing.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Beetard » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:11 pm

ryankilgore wrote:http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/proddetail.asp?prod=glove%5Fgamehand

Any of you tried these out yet?

Don we now our gay apparel

No.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby spitfire » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:18 pm

So is it ok to actually wear a glove while throwing? I'm talking a full finger glove not the ones in the link.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Beetard » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:14 pm

That's what JR does.

By the way, nice shirt. "I'm not drunk, I'm understable" :lol:
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby RS39 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:08 pm

I have an old pair of Field and Stream brand Thinsulate convertible mitten/fingerless gloves. The fleece shell is snug, the textured vinyl grip extends to the full inside of the covered thumb (only 4 fingers uncover), and the velcro keeps the mitt thing from flapping. The mitt even has a pouch for warmer packets, which are prob only needed when waiting for Bambi...

They take a bit off the touch putts, but nothing like numb fingers when playing in 20deg on the windy shores of Erie at the Euclid course (which has a bar across the street from the 12th tee).

About $10 at a local sports store iirc.
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby tim » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:57 pm

I don't think anything can be better than a mitten for the throwing hand -- a mitten with a couple of hand warmers in the bottom. Ideally something waterproof with a fleece lining, and just take it off to throw. Hands stay warm and dry no matter what the weather, and the mitten is a lot easier to take on and off in the cold.

I've tried probably 7-8 different pairs of gloves, trying to find something that works for winter disc spots. I've found several things that work okay for Ultimate frisbee, but nothing that really works well for disc golf except your own skin. And the mitten/hand-warmer solution is the best way to keep those hands toasty.

The other option is a vest/jacket with warm pockets and a couple of hand warmers. If the weather is in the 30s, I find I'm okay with a down vest and fleece-lined pockets with a handwarmer or two in the pocket. I keep my throwing hand in the pocket when I'm between holes. Non-throwing hand always gets a glove, so it stays warm but can still be useful when lining up putts and whatnot.
Flick long and prosper.
VP/Wizard | Roc/Buzz | Firebird | Teebird | Destroyer
Vibram Putter tester -- feel free to ask me any questions.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Postby roman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 pm

spitfire wrote:So is it ok to actually wear a glove while throwing? I'm talking a full finger glove not the ones in the link.

I actually tried this a few times with leather gloves and surprisingly I get a very clean and consistent release. If it didn't tear up the gloves so bad, I would do it all the time ;)

Putting with gloves on is also for some reason a lot smoother and more consistent. And I'm not the only one that noticed this around my area (yet nobody wants to do it because they're afraid they'll be laughed at).
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear