Going to De Laveaga Tomorrow!

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Going to De Laveaga Tomorrow!

Postby mattshustack » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:51 am

My buddies and I are going on a roadtrip to De Laveaga tomorrow and I'm excited enough to post a thread about it. Anyone have any good stories from there?
mattshustack
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby dflaschiii » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:16 am

Visited San Jose to see an old friend from high school and played Delavega on XMas morning last year. We pulled in at 9:30 AM figuring we'd have the course to ourselves and there were already 8 cars there! Probably the most impressive disc golf community I've ever seen.

Played there last Tuesday as well. Spectacular as always. There's a guy on the course who sells great discs, got a Star Ontario Roc for 20 bucks. Between Dela, Golden Gate, Stafford Lake and Napa, the bay area is second to none when it comes to disc golf.
dflaschiii
Tree Magnet

Postby mattshustack » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Yeah, we just got back and it was awesome! I shot 13 over, which I'm cool with for a first time there. We found that guy who sells the great discs, I got myself a $7 Star SL which just earned itself a place in my bag today, replacing my Star Wraith.
I'm lucky enough to live in the Bay Area, so all those courses are close by. I recently played Golden Gate for the first time and loved it, and Berkeley is pretty darn good too. Nothing quite matched today's Dela experience though.
mattshustack
Noob

Postby dflaschiii » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 pm

I think Napa and Stafford are the best of those, so you should defidently hit them up. I prefer them because they are more rugged "wild" courses as opposed to the well-established ones in Dela and Golden Gate. I like the seclusion and the intense hiking -- not for everybody, though.
dflaschiii
Tree Magnet

Postby mattshustack » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:41 am

I just looked up Stafford and it turns out that I'm actually really close to it, and it looks like an awesome course. My friends and I are definitely going to hit that up in a few weeks, thanks for the recommendation.
mattshustack
Noob

Postby plastic_fondler » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:34 pm

mattshustack wrote:I just looked up Stafford and it turns out that I'm actually really close to it

Betcha I'm closer :D

Call the ranger station before you head out to Stafford. With the intense heat there is a red flag fire warning from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday afternoon.

If either of you have an interest in playing the stafford open on the first week of August, now is the time to sign up.
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby Billym » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Played SL yesterday in 95+ heat! Played DeLa 2 weeks ago in 96+ and they shut the course; call first!
If you have time hit Napa, Golden Gate and Aquatic Park (this one gets no respect and is very unforgiving).
Wow we have an awesome set of courses in NorCal! Add "little" Moraga, Helyer, La Raza and all the courses near Sac we have a bunch of courses and some real top notch ones.
I would visit more but the price of gas is a killer. Maybe some of us should get carpools going...
Matt do you play Moraga a lot?

Bill
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re:

Postby Dickies » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Billym wrote:Played SL yesterday in 95+ heat! Played DeLa 2 weeks ago in 96+ and they shut the course; call first!
If you have time hit Napa, Golden Gate and Aquatic Park (this one gets no respect and is very unforgiving).
Wow we have an awesome set of courses in NorCal! Add "little" Moraga, Helyer, La Raza and all the courses near Sac we have a bunch of courses and some real top notch ones.
I would visit more but the price of gas is a killer. Maybe some of us should get carpools going...
Matt do you play Moraga a lot?

Bill

I play Moraga pretty much every weekend. I've played Golden Gate Park and most of the bay area courses, and I still think Moraga is a solid course. It's only 9 holes, but I think there is a lot of variety.

We're planning a trip to De Laveaga in the coming weeks, weather permitting. Looking forward to trying the course out.
Dickies
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pro Wraith

Re: Going to De Laveaga Tomorrow!

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:42 pm

DeLa is great but Stafford should be on everyones MUST PLAY list who ends up in the area, especially now that we built a new long tee for 6 that makes the top of the world look like the top of an anthill
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Going to De Laveaga Tomorrow!

Postby Billym » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:37 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:DeLa is great but Stafford should be on everyones MUST PLAY list who ends up in the area, especially now that we built a new long tee for 6 that makes the top of the world look like the top of an anthill

Agreed!! plus much less crowded too.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to Courses