missouri dec16-24 where is a must?

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: missouri dec16-24 where is a must?

Postby x-out » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Furthur wrote:No, that's the list that I copied off KCFDC. Here's my partial list in order, but anyone has played in KC has a different order.

1. Waterworks
2. Cliff Drive
3. Rosedale Up Top
4. Blue Valley
5. WyCo
6. Rosedale Down Under
7. Prairie Center
8. Shawnee Mission

If you're really interested, I'd play Waterworks for sure, Swope (which is as old as me), and one of our longer courses (WyCo, Cliff, or the Monster) depending on how long you can throw and whether you want to play a 4 hour round. Rosedale is one of my favorite courses when it gets tipped out, and, as of this moment, Cliff Drive has the best wooded holes in KC. I'll always suggest the Down Under course, but I play it with a putter and midrange with a fairway driver when some of the longer pins are utilized.

I'm pretty sure Black Hoof park, which will probably be a championship wooded course, will be somewhere near the top of that list very soon.

i'm glad to hear that the list wasn't in order. i have only played waterworks, rosedale up top, and 10 holes of valley in the KC area. i think i've covered all of the columbia courses....now its off to st. louis when i get the time.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby phisherman77 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:20 pm

if you're in KC, Waterworks and Cliff should be your must plays, though if you're going to play Cliff, make sure to find some others around to play the round with. the park is a little sketchy, though the golf is superb.

legacy park in lee's summit will be a fun, but tough, course when it gets put in. the longs measure over 7700 feet, now if i could just get my new pads poured and the baskets in!!! imagine half wyco/half swope and that's what i think of legacy.
phisherman77
Tree Magnet

Postby Elevated Plastic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Just got to Missouri lastnight. Played Quail Ridge on the way to my girlfriends moms house. Pretty fun course, shot a 4 down bogey free. Not bad, but I know i would crush that after a couple more rounds. Pretty short though, no loc dogs(locals) were around to show me the deeper tees : (. I'd have to say it was a decent use of the land the way the course was made. Stepped up to 1's tee and grazed chains with the wasp. Almost started the trip out w/an ace first hole haha. Gonna hit Sioux Passage tomorrow or the next day, and then Endicott after that. God I love playing at this elevation, i only have to throw it 60% and it goes as far as a 100% throw in Tahoe hehe.

White Castles got nothing on In & Out Burger ( finally tried WhiteCastle)
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby kaht » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:30 am

I wanna stress one more time that you should play Rockspring park in alton if you're already going to SP. :D
kaht
Tree Magnet

Postby Elevated Plastic » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:37 pm

looks like we're going to Columbia area today, sounds like Albert Oakland back course is the one to check out. If anyones gonna be there i'll have a gray beanie on playing with my girlfriend and her mom, show me around! PS dont hesitate to pass the doochie!
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Postby Elevated Plastic » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Oakland back course was pretty fun even with the rain and the inch of snow on the tees. I thought it was a fairly easy course yet fun. I liked hole9 alot even though i airballed my 15ft birdie putt : ( Going down to Jefferson City tomorrow and gonna play Joseph (something) course which sounds pretty cool. Sioux Passage and Endicott are this weekend. May I say the Boss flys like a machine at low elevation, I'm in love! :D God I could spend every day of my life on vacation playing new courses............. hehe after I win the lottery maybe :lol:
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Postby Elevated Plastic » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:31 pm

Played Joseph Miller in Jeff City today, even with the wicked winds I'd have to say it's my favorite so far of the 3 I've played out here so far. It's tough to say though, if the teepads and weather were better yesterday I might of thought the same for Oakland Back Course. I really found hole 8 at Joseph Miller to be my favorite hole. Although hole 9 short over the creek was pretty awesome too. You guys that play this course should be stoked it was a kick ass course. Hitting quail ridge course again tomorrow on my was back towards St Louis, hope to shoot better with no snow on the tees.
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:15 am

Miller is a pretty nice course. I play there more often than anywhere. I like it a lot this time of year as you can get into the woods and negate the wind a lot. It plays across the hills a lot, I'd like it better with a few more uphill/downhill shots. Some of the other holes have slight elevation changes, but eight and twelve are the only really elevated tees. The wooded fairways are pretty wide as well, so it really doesn't punish you as much as a lot of other wooded courses. But, that's nit-picking. It's a really nice course. I've never seen 9 set across the creek, it's 12 that I have seen cross the creek. But...I'm sure I have not seen all of the pin placements on that course.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Elevated Plastic » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Played Endicott, it was pretty fun minus the cold. Sioux Passage on the other hand was a dam fine course. Long and challenging(there was 40+mph winds when i played it) Coming back to Missouri in August and for sure gonna play there a few times. Of all the courses I played, I liked Joseph Miller in Jeff city the best.
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Courses