whispering falls

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

whispering falls

Postby chunk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:08 am

heading up to whispering falls on sunday. don't know the time yet but if any of the locals are going to be there on sunday i'll let you know the time as soon as we have it dialed in.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Re: whispering falls

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:48 am

I may be able to sneak a round in around 1p. It's my brother's 21st and we're taking him out, so I'll have to play it by ear. If you let me know for sure that you're coming, I can shoot an email to all the locals and try to gather someone for you to play with.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby chunk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:15 am

i'll try to get some more details and let you know. my guess is we'll try to get in 2 rounds so it'll prob be one am and pm. are there maps/score cards at the course or should i print out copies of my own?
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Print your own; I haven't refilled the maps lately.
Also, all pins are in A, except 4, which is in B.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chunk » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 am

fwiw we'll be up there playing around 11 am. we're still going to try to get 2 rounds in.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby chunk » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:08 pm

wow, what a great day. everyone should play this course if they're in the area.

now i know why ferretdanc303 calls it "brutiful." so many great holes today. i almost had an ace on 15 (elevated basket (?)). i throw a roc and it bounced off the basket just above the chains. i also threw one into the valley off to the left on hole 2 which really sucked, so it was difinately a "give and take" day that has left me tired, sore and grinning.

ferretdance03 - my friend lost a disc on i think 16. it's marked but i'll send you a pm with the details so you can keep an eye out for it. it was one of his favorite discs. i think it was a wraith but i'm not sure the of the stamp.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby spitfire » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

It is a sweet course isn't it. You went to the left on hole 2 ouch that can be a hard fight back up the hill. I am curious if you made the comeback putt for the birdie after missing the ace on the elevated basket? It is an intimidating putt on that basket.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby ferretdance03 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I'd have loved to be out there, but it was my brother's 21st, so we were a little occupied.

Left of 2 is nasty. I've left a few out there. Lost on 16, should be found. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Nice ace run! I've hit pole, and seen a few hit the chains, but none have stuck that I've seen or heard of of.

Sundays at 2pm, we'll be playing singles/double/ript/battle/triples/etc. until daylight savings time comes back.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chunk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 am

spitfire wrote:It is a sweet course isn't it. You went to the left on hole 2 ouch that can be a hard fight back up the hill. I am curious if you made the comeback putt for the birdie after missing the ace on the elevated basket? It is an intimidating putt on that basket.

yep, made the comeback putt for birdie. i was right under the basket. on our second round i bogied 15.

ferretdance03 wrote:Glad you guys enjoyed it. I'd have loved to be out there, but it was my brother's 21st, so we were a little occupied.

Left of 2 is nasty. I've left a few out there. Lost on 16, should be found. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Nice ace run! I've hit pole, and seen a few hit the chains, but none have stuck that I've seen or heard of of.

Sundays at 2pm, we'll be playing singles/double/ript/battle/triples/etc. until daylight savings time comes back.

thanks for keeping an eye out for the disc and i will keep sunday's at 2 in mind.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses