Urgent Help Needed - New Innova Tour Bag

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Urgent Help Needed - New Innova Tour Bag

Postby TBird » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:44 pm

Hi, I am stuck a long away from home and trying to buy a Christmas present over the internet.

I know that Innova recently had their tour bag redesigned and resourced, or whatever, but I can't figure out if what is available at the online stores is the new model or older stock.

One site has a bag with 4 water bottle holders, one shows a bag with only one, but Innova's site has dual water bottle holders, both on the same side. I need to know what the new bag looks like (mesh front pocket? # drink holders etc.).

I can't call all these guys because the long distance charges would kill me.

Thanks for any help,
Travis

PS It is not for me, it has to be the new Innova Tour Bag.
Dallas Area Disc Golfers - Visit www.DallasDiscGolf.com
TBird
Noob

Re: Urgent Help Needed - New Innova Tour Bag

Postby presidio hills » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:54 pm

i think it's the one with 4 water bottle holders... but i'm not positive. :)
i run on lazer beans
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

tour bag

Postby distantdg » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:57 pm

yes, it is the one with the 4 water bottle holders...each site should say its the new one...
distantdg
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:39 pm

yep, 4 water bottles was the most recent, but they discontinued it too for the time being.

imo, the pdga original bag is a better value/quality and nearly identical.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TBird » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:41 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I thought it was the one with four bottle holders too. Now I got email from a vendor that says the one they have, with the mesh putter pocket and the two drink holders on one side is the one Innova released in the spring, but that Innova has announced no plans to produce any more.

Sounds fishy to me.

Travis
TBird
Noob

Postby TBird » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Thanks Blake,

I did not see your post because I was responding to the others.

Any reason why Innova has given up on the new one (apparently)?

I am going to go look at PDGA's bag. I really think the Revolution Carolina is a cooler bag, and a little smaller which would be better for him

Cheers,
Travis
TBird
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:50 pm

the innova tour bags kept ripping.

they switched manufacturers... kept ripping.

changed the design... kept ripping.

discontinued.

the pdga bag is slightly smaller than the innova tour and is actually a copy of the revo bag. imo, the pdga bag is the best value in the sub $50 range for a tour caliber bag.

the gateway weekend deluxe bag is pretty nice but lacks a ton of storage. is the most compact bag that will hold 15 discs though.

imo, the revo bag is a bit over-priced. i have a carolina, but i believe it is a bit over-priced. the texas bag is similar in quality to the gateway player, but the player can be found about $25 cheaper.

if you want tremendous quality, pretty much have to go with a made in the USA bag (gateway or revolution), but i would say the pdga bag is probably the best quality of the overseas made bags. HUGE zippers on them. they will rip if you take out the dividers and overfill the bag, but all the bags will do that due to raw weight (e.g. designed to carry 14 and sticking 22 discs in the inner compartment).
Blake_T

Postby TBird » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:04 pm

Many thanks again Blake and all who responded.

It is not fun trying to Christmas shop for a kid over the internet, from a different country, at the last minute, and find out that what you know is so out of date, and you can't just go order it and get it done :cry: . It has only been a couple of months since I was asking about the new Innova bag in the first place, and I was thinking they had fixed their problems!

Profit over product will hurt them in the long run. I'm still shopping, but it is great to be able to get answers this quickly and such great information. Gotta love the net!

Travis
TBird
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:22 pm

if you were going to spend $100, i'd probably push for a ~$50 bag + quad shocks as a better value than just a higher end bag.

if you went w/ any revo bag as a gift i'd prolly go with the $60 club bag
otherwise the pdga bag (~$50) or the gateway player bag (~$75).

just my personal take on things. as long as a bag is well made, it shouldn't rip unless it's abused. the kind of abuse that kills the $50 bags will also kill the $100 bags.
Blake_T

Postby TBird » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:35 pm

I am getting him the quads for his birthday, which is close to Christmas :lol:

I currently have an Innova Deluxe, and my quad made all the difference in the world, especially to my old back :shock:

Thanks for the advice,
Travis
TBird
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:51 pm

I bought the carolina bag, but it is very expensive I have gone through several Innova bags. I have 1 deluxe bag still with some rips that I use to keep extra discs.

I really don't see it ripping. I talked to the guy from Revolution, and he explained the construction. One way I tear stuff is snagging it on cactus and thorny bush, so far my revolution shows no sign of wear.

For the price, I believe I would have tried the pdga bag, but Blake is the first to compare them to each other.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment