Rhyno

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Rhyno

Postby JKP » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:50 pm

what other putters off the same stability, fade as the rhyno?
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Re: Rhyno

Postby black udder » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:52 pm

I'd say that the soft magnet and probably banger GT would be similar, but certainly not from a feel perspective.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby dankev » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Neither of those are as stable as a Rhyno. I like me some stable putters, so I putt with Rhynos. I don't know of anything else that will fly the same. I've been trying a Wizard (cause they're the best putter ever, haven't you heard? :roll: ), and it feels really understable compared to a Rhyno. I can't do it.

I have to ask though, why are you looking for something that will fly the same as a Rhyno? How about a Rhyno? They do feel different in different plastics. I mainly use Pro (the stiffer ones, not floppy), but also occasionally use a Dx or a Champ.
Last edited by dankev on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dankev
Noob

Postby JKP » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:50 pm

dankev wrote:Neither of those are as stable as a Rhyno. I like me some stable putters, so I putt with Rhynos. I don't know of anything else that will fly the same. I've been trying a Wizard (cause they're the best putterever, haven't you heard? :roll: ), and it feels really understable compared to a Rhyno. I can't do it.

I have to ask though, why are you looking for something that will fly the same as a Rhyno? How about a Rhyno? They do feel different in different plastics. I mainly use Pro (the stiffer ones, not floppy), but also occasionally use a Dx or a Champ.

Looking for a different feel with same flight.. I have a Star Rhyno, softer.. all my misses go to the right of the basket.. as if im releasing late..or maybe just turning my wrist over.. I use a wizard withing 30..unless windy. Rhyno for approaches
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby niuvalleycane » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:06 pm

I'll play - Gator 8)
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby black udder » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 pm

The rhyno is stability 0, so is the soft magnet. The banger GT is 1.0. The rhyno has a 3 fade, the aviar has a 0 stability with a 1 fade.

It's a shame that the manufacturers can't all agree on the same stability scale. If you're going right with the Rhyno on approaches, I'd guess that you're just getting a late release or turning the wrist a little.

I like the magic for a straight approach or a warlock (more overstable). It's under the wizard though. You could also just buy a batch of 5 wizards and beat the hell out of them until they fly straight and then use them :) I'd recommend the glow wizards as they have a great feel to them.

The soft magnet has a great straight flat flight. It'll hold what you put on it though, so if you roll the wrist at all, it'll show you.

If you like the rhyno, I'd say see if it's a form issue first. Then proceed from there.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby masterbeato » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:15 pm

rhyno's have no glide
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Dogma » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Which Rhynos are you asking about? The DX, Star, and Champ ones are overstable pigs. However the soft/proline ones are quite different, and in my opinion are much more useful as putters. Not nearly as overstable. More along the lines of a Challenger, although not quite the same flight path.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby nice drive kid » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:48 pm

niuvalleycane wrote:I'll play - Gator 8)

+1
Gator

Team Tolland Disc Golf
nice drive kid
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: CFR Gator

Postby cmlasley » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Lat64 Sinus APs are nice and overstable. You can drive them a long way, too. They are about the depth of an XD or Classic Roc, if that sort of feel floats your boat.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby mzuleger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 pm

possibly a classic roc? I always considered these mids (probably due to the "roc" name) but they are technically a putt & approach. I've been practicing my putting with them and they're not bad... a little overstable and actually really comfy to hold because they aren't very deep.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:14 pm

mzuleger wrote:possibly a classic roc? I always considered these mids (probably due to the "roc" name) but they are technically a putt & approach. I've been practicing my putting with them and they're not bad... a little overstable and actually really comfy to hold because they aren't very deep.

yeah I am going to disagree with this. Classic rocs are straight out of the bag. There is really no putter like the Rhyno on the market. The closest I would say is the Bulldog but that is OOP
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby twmccoy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:28 pm

masterbeato wrote:rhyno's have no glide

Which is probably what makes them so predictable. You don't get those unexpected flips or unnecessary float out of your putter. I've yet to find a better putter. The champion rhyno is every bit as good as the pro.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby masterbeato » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:14 am

twmccoy wrote:
masterbeato wrote:rhyno's have no glide

Which is probably what makes them so predictable. You don't get those unexpected flips or unnecessary float out of your putter. I've yet to find a better putter. The champion rhyno is every bit as good as the pro.

Yes they are very predictable, my first discs I started throwing with was a beat up 167g white DX Rhyno.

the thing you I would have to do is give them much more height so I can play the drop they have. I know of a lot of players that love them to death and use them and they are very good player none the less. I was not dissing your taste in putters at all.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 am

Frank_Delicious wrote:
mzuleger wrote:possibly a classic roc? I always considered these mids (probably due to the "roc" name) but they are technically a putt & approach. I've been practicing my putting with them and they're not bad... a little overstable and actually really comfy to hold because they aren't very deep.

yeah I am going to disagree with this. Classic rocs are straight out of the bag. There is really no putter like the Rhyno on the market. The closest I would say is the Bulldog but that is OOP
the Zone is kinda close to a Rhyno
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Next

Return to Equipment