Trippin' out west this Spring!

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Trippin' out west this Spring!

Postby moistymoe » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 am

Coming out from Michigan, and the furthest I've been out west is Chicago, and we just can't have that now can we? That's is why I'm taking a trip out there to see what I'm missing. Luckily I happen to have 2 friends that enjoy discin' as much as I do that want to join in :D . So far the only place we have set into the schedule is Yellowstone park for some much needed sightseeing, but that doesn't cover the disc portion of the trip.
Before I start losing attention, and other peoples, what are some fun/scenic courses that I need to hit on my trip out there? As far as I know now we are sticking to the mid to upper west. Always love the comments, constructive or not, but feel free to post! Thanks in advance fellow golfers :!:
moistymoe
Noob

Re: Trippin' out west this Spring!

Postby Elevated Plastic » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 pm

your gonna be pretty close to Lake Tahoe area,theres like 4 courses on the lake, all awesome courses each a little different than the other. Then theres like 6-8 courses within an hour drive from the lake. Pm if u decide to do Tahoe I'll show you around.
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby mark12b » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:29 pm

depends on what time of year you're talking about but there's a course at jackson hole that's pretty fun, and a nice break from the touristy stuff in yellowstone.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Elevated Plastic » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 am

Yellowstone, haha I misread you sorry I thought Yosemite nevermind
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 am

Sorry, I don't know many courses in Wyoming. Don't forget to stop and play all the great courses in between! Missouri, Iowa, etc., all seem to have nice courses.

Elevated Plastic wrote:Yellowstone, haha I misread you sorry I thought Yosemite nevermind

I'm in Sacto on and off until summer or so, then move to the bay area after that. I haven't played around Tahoe yet, since I'm always doing hikes when I get out there (my lady and I fell in love with the Desolation Wilderness).

Anyways, after the spring thaw (not much into snow golf), we'd love to do some playing at Tahoe.

Which course(s) is/are best?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Elevated Plastic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Tahoe Vista and Zephyr Cove imo, pm if you wanna guide to make your life easier. Always down to slay discs.
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses